wheel hubs

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Ed Fenwick

Reaction score
What engine do you have?
V6 engine
What year is your Sport Trac?
What Generation is your Sport Trac?
1st Gen Owner
Aloha all, I think that it is time for front hubs on my 2002 track two wheel drive. Everything that Rock Auto has is for 4WD. Are they the same front and rear? Amazon has "Detroit Axel" for about $80. are they any good? TKS Ed

for a 2 wheel drive the hubs are COMPLETELY different. The 2 whd has bearings, these are serviceable, ie can be cleaned, repacked with grease and returned to service. The 4 whd has non-serviceable hubs. remove, junk out, buy new.

Try NAPA.

Easy winter this year, only two days with below zero temps, how you doing????

Thanks Dennis, bearings are a lot cheaper. Interesting though, Amazon offers hubs for the 2wd and Rock auto offers bearings! The weather here is a bit dry for this time of year. I think that I used a blanket two nights so far. February is usually colder maybe getting down to the mid 60's. God bless Ed

Ed,

Gen 1 tracs 2wd hubs are also the complete rotor. Unless you need rotors or a race has spun in the the hub. All you might need is new races and bearings.

Thanks Eddie, good to know. I had new rotors installed about 20K miles ago. Maybe the sound isn't bearings.

Ed

Latest posts