Wheel hub bearing replacement

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Brandon Poorman

Reaction score
Can anyone give me some pointers to tackling replacing my right hand side hub bearing on my 01 4x4? I also would greatly appreciate if someone would email me the pages out of the service manual pertaining to this job.

Thanks in advance!

Check projects section, look in maintenance, Woppy has a good write up. Hardest part is getting old hub out, use a good heavy hammer and chisel. An air gun will make getting the axle bolt off easier. Other than that it not a hard job. If your brakes are in need of replacing now would be a good time to do them.

I did the passenger side on my 02 a few weeks ago. Job was easier than I thought it would be and went without a hitch. The project will give you some good pointers.

Yes, I've taken a look at the project and it is a fantastic write up. My normal mechanic shot me a price for it and I really don't have time to do it right now, so I'm going to let him have the truck on Wednesday.

Thanks all for the advice and help!

Latest posts