What's the going price for an XCalibrator w/ 87 octane program, any other performance programs, etc?

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DiveDeep 07

Reaction score
I am wanting to purchase an XCalibrator possibly. What's better: XCalibrator, Diablo chip, SCT Chip? If anyone has one they want to sell, let me know! What performance and increases have people here seen? Thanks, DDST

Last edited by a moderator:
I have an SCT Xcalibrator for sale just a few posts below this one. It is for code JXV3 and is programmed for a premium tune with 91+ octane or a tow tune. You can set everything back to factory specs if you need to take it to the shop.

Thanks! I didn't see your post. Maybe I didn't look hard enough. What would the cost be to get it tuned for my specifications? I would be interested in putting an 87 octane tune with top notch performance on it. Possible? What are you wanting for yours? Thanks, DDST

jlevin75, it is near the firewall on top of a bloack box (not sure what this box is, and my ST has been sold so I can't look). The Programmer can be changed if your code is different.

Jayhawker,

10/18/2005 18:48 ET

Thanks! I didn't see your post. Maybe I didn't look hard enough. What would the cost be to get it tuned for my specifications? I would be interested in putting an 87 octane tune with top notch performance on it. Possible? What are you wanting for yours? Thanks, DDST

I'm asking $250 plus shipping

You will need to get with site member WFoy to work out an agreement for the price of re-tuning it.

Right now it has Tune #1 as a Premium fuel, performance

Tune #2 is regular octane fuel set up for towing.

Tune #3 is still open, I never had anything installed on it.

WFoy will be able to erase my programs (if needed) and install whatever you want.

I still have everything (including the original box) that Wfoy sent me originally

Jayhawker, What will, you think, be the price of re-tuning? Is using this the same as the chip? I have a Diablo chip right now that I am debating on installing and going through the trouble of cleaning the contacts and also for it to slip off during vibration and blow the computer. I would kind of rather a programmer. Thanks, DDST

I have no clue...some others have asked WFoy about the retune and I have heard anywhere from 70-100. I could be way off though.

If your computer code is JXV3 then there is no need to retune it.

Does the towing 87 octane tune involve any performance tuning? What mods have you done and had this tuned for? Thanks, DDST

Mods-

265/75/16 BFG AT's

K&N FIPK

Towing mode is mainly geared for the above mods and longer shift points

Performance mode is geared towards the mods and shorter shift points with lots of midrange power.

WFoy can tune several different areas for you if you need.

He can suit to fit your needs.

You really need to email him and ask him because he is the ultimate expert at this.

Latest posts