Whats the differences between xcal1 and xcal2?

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Andy Szkutak

Reaction score
I notice the price for the Xcal1 is only $300, while the $380 for the xcal2...Besides the troubles codes with the xcal2, is there anything different on xcal1? I just need the better shifting and gasmileage..can i get this on 1?

Thanks

Andy

programs are the same the one does not have an lcd read out i think it has blinking lights to let you know what is going on.the 2 has a read out . see pic on link top pic is a one

Last edited by a moderator:
I think you can also get programs for the XCal2 via e-mail and reprogram it through your computer. Don't think you can do that with the XCal1. Not certain though.

You can also reprogram with the xcal 1, but you have to get the cable to do it.

At this point, I'd go with the xcal 2, the LCD readout is worth the extra $80. The 2 would also allow you to adjust some things, air/fuel ratio, spark advance/retard, transmission shift points, etc.

If you go to wayne's site, you can see the differences between the xcal 1 and xcal 2.

I think the screen is worth it too. If there is an error or something, it'll be able to tell you through the screen instead of an LED. And as baron mentioned, you can change certain parameters like tire sizes and such. And besides, an OBD II code scanner is at least $120. Here, you're getting it for an additional $80.

It would depend on what all you're going to do with it. If you want to graph what your engine is doing in real-time, or have the ability to make minor changes to your tune, you need a 2. If all you want is 2 new tunes and nothing more, then get the Xcal1.