What's it cost you to go to work these days?

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
40 miles to Florence, 40 miles back.. If I don't do anything at all other than drive to Florence and back it costs me 5.33 gal of gas at $2.99 = $16 to do nothing..... If I can do 1 auto lockout at $35 that will pay for 2 days travel.

I go to work on Wednesday and come home on Sunday. :eek:

It is 5.5 miles to get to the truck, 11 round trip @ 16mpg.

So, a little less than a gallon whatever $$$$ I am paying for it.... :angry:

Then I drive 2606 miles at an average of about 5.75mpg diesel.

About 450 gallons for the drive, and about 35 to 40 gallons for idle time.

Lets say about 500 gallons @ $$$$$$$$ per gallon for diesel.... :unsure:

I think that comes out to "I am sure glad I don't have to buy it"! :p

All that cipherin "calculating" made me thirsty.. :rolleyes:

I live 1.5 miles from my office, and it's all downhill. All uphill coming home, kills the mpg. :lol:

Seriously, I drive a fair bit once I'm AT work, doing estimates and checking on my people. (I'm a contractor of sorts.) I burn about a tank a week, about $60. Upside of being self-employed is that gas is mostly a write-off. For that matter so is the Trac. Still gotta pay for it all first though.

Myself:

41 miles each way, 82 round trip to work each day, that doesn't include

errands:

My Wife:

60 miles each way, 120 round trip, doesn't include errands, either,:

We both have 2005 Sport Tracs, and average 20 miles per gallon!

We've had to give up the T-Bones and Ribeyes for Hamburgers and Hotdogs!!!

:angry:

30 miles each way, spend about $55/week on gas...just bought a new house (for the first time) and can't even afford to spend a little money on fixing it up and "making it mine". I had one weak moment when I considered trading the trac in for a focus....would have saved $100 in payments each much and probably that much in gas too, but last I check a focus couldn't pull my boat. Yikes!

$8.00/day, tolls included if I drive the ST

$4.50/day, tolls included if I ride the HD

...and I'm starting to work from home 1-2x/week, at a suggestion from the company to save fuel.

Dang, I forgot about Florida's little gems....tolls. All major roads are tolled to the max and I drive 3 of the major ones here in Central FL to get to work. So I also add about $30 in tolls a week to my total, bringing it now to $85 a week for gas and tolls. Double Yikes!!!

Anyone in Central FL remember when they put in the 408 (East-West) and had the $0.25 tolls ONLY until they covered the cost to build. HAHAHA Then it went to $0.50 to cover the new construction ONLY until it's paid off. Now it's $0.75 with not many new additions and they get MILLIONS every week. It's $2.50 to drive from begining to end, and it's only about 15 miles long.

Work is about 12 miles if I go directly there; 16 if I go to Wawa on the way. So on the average day, that's a 28 mile round trip, or two gallons of gas in the L. When the gas prices peaked, it was costing me about $6.50 per day. It's now about $5.40.

I drive about 70 miles a day (6 days a week).... Before I lifted my truck I spent about 80-90 dollars a week, and now I spend probobly about 90-100 a week in gas.. not too bad for havin lifted my truck 8-9 inches with 35's

Latest posts