What would it take...

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Scott H

Reaction score
...to mount 35" Irok Super Swampers with 22" rims?

They have 4 of these Super Swampers with the rims for sale in a local classified for $2100.

5000 miles on the tires.

Deal or no deal?

What would it take to mount them?

Scott

Below are the specs for the tires you posted. I think it would take too much work to get them on. The tread width is over 12" inches wide and they would stick out alot and I'm sure you would need serious spacers. Also, you would need something larger than a TT & Shackle lift because 33" is about the max you can squeeze on that.

George

Prod. Code ROK-17

Size 35X14.50R22LT

Ply Rating 8

Skid Depth 21/32

Tread Width 12.20

O.D. 35.08

C.S. 13.30

Rim 22X12

Max Infla. 50

Max Load 2500

George

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks for the information. I can fit 33" with a TT/SL?

How much of a TT?

Can I get a link to somewhere where I can purchase the shackles?

Thanks a bunch.

Scott

Scott,

I have 285/75/16 tires on the stock rims which come out to be about 32.8". I just did the TT & Shackle lift and they fit. There is a little rubbing when turning and going up a driveway, etc but nothing that will cause any problems. You can get the shackles from tellico4x4.com and you want part WAR153. The all you need to do is turn the torsion bolts until you are happy with the lift on the front. I would also recommend new shocks if you are lifting.

George

More pics in my library...

[Broken External Image]:

Thank you George.

Possible to get a mechanic to install the shackles?

Or easy enough for me?

It's not that hard but you definitely need someone to help you. If you don't have the tools it is easy for a mechanic to do. Just remove the stock shackles and replace with the new, longer ones.

George

Latest posts