What will you miss the most about the Trac?

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TomT

Reaction score
We all know the Trac's days are limited and eventually we will have to move on to something else. So what will you miss the most about your Trac? For me it would be the rear window, especially the "vent" position. Also the exterior keypad. I don't think there's another truck out there with both those features.

I still have my Trac, so there is nothing to miss. It is only 8 years old. I still got another 5 to 10 years of life in it. Once my Trac needs replaced, I am going to an F-150 Super Crew, so I will still have the key pad, though no drop down window.

Tom

I will miss the pessimism of the future of the trac once our voices will be heard and they unveil a 2012 -2013 Unibody 4x4 trac with the terrain management system.

:driving::driving::driving::driving::driving::driving::driving::driving::driving::driving:

Or I will miss FoMoCo because I will assemble, plan, and stage a Coup d'tat

:fire::fire::fire::fire::fire::fire::fire::fire::fire::fire::fire::fire::fire::fire::fire::fire::fire::fire:

I'll have mine for a few years more (2007) but with new fuel standards for 2014 that include trucks, we're all going to be driving hybrids or electrics.

I wonder how we'll do performance enhancements on those?

We'll take the battery out and put in a nice crate motor or pull one out of an older truck! haha

I love that my ST is small enough to get around in the woods when I'm elk hunting, and that I still have the four doors and cab space.

All of the above, and also the fact that this truck/suv is /was one of a kind. Since it came out in 2000/2001 I have loved the look, functionality, size, segment exclusives, and much more. I bought my ST new in June 2001 and now have a whopping 236,000 miles on it and have never had an engine problem. Tranny yes, at 116,000 miles and had a 2002 Ranger 5R55E tranny instaled in it and it is doing fine with me putting another 120,000 miles on that tranny. Driver door speaker, door handle pulls (rear door), and my driver side door lock mechanism rivet are the only problems I have had in the 9 years I have owned this truck. So to those out there who think the imports are the king of the hill:fire:, I can verify that FMC made a great truck in the ST/ Certainly in mine.:banana: I am now contemplating a new or at least a very good used 2008-2010 STA. Maybe in the future I will buy a Taurus SHO or maybe a Fusion, but cars are not my thing anymore after the ST. NO ONE ELSE HAD A TRUCK/SUV like this out there in the automotive world, and FMC could have dominated this segment if they so chose to do so. Maybe, just maybe someone will notice :argue:and not let it go the way that the Taurus did. They bought it back, so there is faint hope out there, albeit a slim to none chance.:boohoo:

Last edited by a moderator:
They'll still be around in the used market for many years to come.

So the thing I will miss most is the National Meets in Louisville, and getting to tour LAP and see Sport Tracs on the assembly line. From the initial frame being set down on the line to brand new, completed Sport Tracs being started up for the first time and the end and driven off the line.:sad::cry:

I'm gonna miss the "perfect sized truck" built on a very stiff frame with a V8 engine!

It is gonna hurt to trade for a unibody FWD 4-cylinder eco-tech.

I have the gen1. I will have it many years to come. I will miss the size and the full 4 doors and back seat size. For me I dont need a smaller or larger truck.

I will miss that my ST has a big enough bed that i can move pretty much whatever i need to, but when someone asks me to help them move something i can say "id love to, but my truck isnt big enough". hahaha !

I will also miss that back window, perfect for sliding through a few 10' 2x4's, and a GREAT wind tunnel on the highway !

I will miss that my ST has a big enough bed that i can move pretty much whatever i need to, but when someone asks me to help them move something i can say "id love to, but my truck isnt big enough". hahaha !

I will also miss that back window, perfect for sliding through a few 10' 2x4's, and a GREAT wind tunnel on the highway !

Everything.......the uniqueness......the rear window......the size.....the multiple personalities, car, truck, van, etc.........you name it about the ST, it will be missed.....

I will miss everything about my ST, but with 131K on it, I would like to push it well over 200K. I do like the F150 SuperCrew, so when the time comes, I will look in that direction.

:sad:

I love the size of the ST. An f150 is a bit large for me. At some point when an ST is no longer an option most likely I will "settle" for the f150. I love my V8 STA though and will keep it as long as I can.

I miss the convenience of being able to carry appliances, tall landscaping shrubs, mulch, etc; anything that requires a truck or a trailer to haul. I didn't and don't haul such things often, but when I need (and needed to), having the ST was awesome, especially since I could still drive around with 4 other people while hauling.

TJR

Latest posts