What was The President Thinking?

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Nelson Atwell

Reaction score
With so many people believing he is a Muslim, why would he even consider doing this? If this had not come directly from the White House website, I wouldn't believe it is real.

There's only one thing this .................President...............ever thinks. And that is that he is God and this office gives him complete control to do anything and everything he wishes with/to the Country and the World when in fact he is but a pimple-turned-boil on the face of the Earth. :angry::angry::angry::angry::angry::angry::angry::soap:

Last edited by a moderator:
I will stand with them (Muslims) should the political winds shift in an ugly direction. -- Barack Obama from his book "The Audacity Of Hope"

Just sayin'....

JohnnyO, yes, he will.

Just as any American should.

And as any Christian should, or any other major religious belief.

I took that to mean that if it comes down to choosing between the Muslims and anyone else, he'll stick with the Muslims.

Muslims are the enemy of Americans, Christians, Jews, etc. They see it that way but too many on our side don't.

Bill V, you're saying that America is to fight against political tyranny in other countries?

This train of thought leads to America writing checks that it can't cash in terms of support. Just look at what happened to Hungary.

I can see how the White House would want to support the Iranians who are against the dictator, but the language in this is not only kow-towing, but it implies a promise of support that we would be hard pressed to deliver.

If a rebellion over there ever did come to true fruition, like Hungary it would be quashed as while we promised support, we can't deliver it, short of an invasion of Iran, which no one will endorse.

To elaborate, if even a beloved and respected president like Eisenhower couldn't get America to back up a revolution that it supported then there is no way that Obama can.

What I'm saying is that standing with anyone who is being unfairly discriminated against based solely on their race or religion is the right thing to do.

Bill V, I never read it that way until you said it. Very interesting. I am not saying you are wrong or right, but I find it funny how just a few words can be read so differently.

Amazing!

Tom

What I'm saying is that standing with anyone who is being unfairly discriminated against based solely on their race or religion is the right thing to do.

Okay, well enough. But when the President of America says he'll stand by them, it means that America will have to stand behind them.

I wonder if President Obama realizes the ramifications of even half of what he has said--when the President of America speaks, he speaks for America.

Right or wrong, the President is the embodiment of America in the eyes of the world. If Obama as an individual wants to rally to the Iranian cause, I'm not gonna complain, but when he puts you and I on the line for them unilaterally, then I'm PO'd.

Again, we said the same thing to Hungary. Hungary thought they had our support so they rebelled. Their rebellion broke out and started to be successful. Then the Russians came in with heavy weapons, and when the Hungarians asked for America's promised support, we told them that we supported them in spirit. Words, not actions.

Anyhow, people died and America was mocked for cutting and running. Don't want to see that happen again. I'm surprised the Hungarians aren't still pissed at us. I would be.

Latest posts