What kind of Ipod setup do you have?

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Andrew Tollison 3

Reaction score
I am ordering my Ipod next week,its either gonna be a 4g Nano or a 30g and can not deside where to install the Pioneer Ipod interface. For those that have installed interfaces, where did you put it at? Also, could you post pics of your setup, Because I can not figure out what kind of holder that I want to get for it and where to put it at. Thanks for the help.

Andrew

I have an Alpine in my SVTF...I have it rigged to a back cupholder and got one of the black cupholder stands for it. Not sure how I'd set it up in the ST....

Just got my Zen Vision (video) this last week, have not integrated it with my mp3 pioneer premium head unit .... yet.. already loaded my whole cd collect and three concert videos to it that i converted from dvd :), more to come:D

SST - I use the 4g iPod version of this: http://catalog.belkin.com/IWCatProductPage.process?Product_Id=262890

My headunit has controls for the iPod, so I put it in the rear cup holder so it's not sliding around, out of the way, but still easily accessible. If you are using an FM modulator, you can put it in the front cup holder and still access it pretty easily for changing songs and stuff :)

check out peripheralelectronics.com they have a piece that allows for full browsing and text display on radio. (only for 07) its worth the buy.

I have the USA-Spec Ipod interface which allows me to control it with the factory head unit. I have the interface installed under the front-passenger seat, and I drill a small hole in the side of my High series console to run the wire to the Ipod. Therefore, the Ipod lives in the console.

Andrew,

I have the Pioneer AVIC-Z1, great nav unit and so on. I also bought the Pioneer CD-IB100II Ipod Adapter. It works on the Z1s touchscreen, controling the Ipod so yuou do not have to hold the Ipod in your hand. If this is the Ipod adapter you are getting then forget it.

It works ok but its features just suck. We used it a few times and it is basically worthless. You can only scroll one song at a time and it is VERY slow! If you want to get to a song or artist that starts with M you have to scroll one at a time all the way to M, it will take a couple minutes easilly.

Many people have complained about it. Hopefully Pioneer will do something about it. I have mine installed for around 4-5 months but have only used it a couple times. You would be MUCH better off getting a cable to plug the Ipod directly into the AUX connector on your head unit and controling the Ipod itself.

If you are dead set on getting it and want to save some money I will send you mine for $25 + shipping. That is half price, it has been used 2 times - other than that it has been driving around in my ST for 4 months or so.

I love my Zen Vision...built a AV interface cable to hook it back into my Home av system this weekend and I just ordered the AUX audio input adapter with RCA inputs for my Pioneer deh-7400mp head unit in the trac..

Latest posts