What is your Battery indicator bubble color?

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TracN Jack

Reaction score
What is your Battery indicator bubble color?

Well after coming back from 9days of vacation the Trac was Dead.

I charged the battery and everything is fine but the indicator is RED.

My other two cars are GREEN. THe AAA Site says that most are GREEN but some could be RED. When there is no color that is when the is a problem.

I have a 2002 ST 2wd.

I really dont want to replace the battery if i don't need to. :)

The indicator is only for that 1 cell IT does not tell you what the other cells are doing...

IF your 100% there was nothing left on, Replace the battery...

Todd Z

I had a similar problem with the battery in my old 2001 Sport Trac. The dealer said the battery was fine although my light was kind of orange colored.

The battery died about a year later and Ford replaced it for free with 35,989 miles on my 36K mile warranty. :D

...Rich

My Duralast battery doesn't have one. To get my Motorcraft battery to go green, I had to leave it chargeing overnight and the few followwing nights.

Tom

Mine is green right now, but I had previous vehicles with a red one and the battery went on for a couple more years with no trouble.

If it went completely dead, you might contemplate replacing it, however, we experienced it once before:

My wife's focus had the battery completely dead (would not even turn the courtesy light on) for a weekend we went away, a door was not closed completely and the alarm kept going off (neighbors complained, but it was inside our garage)... We were told we would need a new battery, but after a low charge at a shop,the battery is still good, and it was a few months back...

Total life span might have been diminished tho...