What if gas were $10 a gallon

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
If it went up to $10/gallon I would just up my mileage rate that I charge the oil companies whom I work for. ;)

Difficult to answer. Don't think anyone REALLY believes this will happen... However, should it happen, I think many of us will be living on PB&J and bicycles will go up in price(maybe). I know I won't be able to afford to drive my trac and I don't even think compacts will be affordable. Even getting 30-35 mpg will be hugely expensive, not to mention how much necessities will go up as well. I've been watching egg and milk prices fluctuate for the past few months.

There are so many important things that article didn't address, how bout crime increase? How bout entertainment of all kinds going away? Mail order businesses would probably disappear as well.

My habits would change- we would carpool to the mainland(150 miles) and my surgical volume would probably increase. I don't take Medicaid or waive required copays like some Miami doctors do, so some patients drive the 150 miles for surgery to save $200. That would be less attractive if it ended up costing them money due to fuel costs. I would keep a truck for hauling only and drive an econobox daily.

I live 5 miles from work, and 3.25 miles from the supermarkets, so I'd use my bicycle. I should be bicycling to work anyways, it's only 5 miles.

Look at the bright side, our corporations will post record profits because they can ship jobs overseas.

Tom

I am an investor / shareholder. I am making money along with some of the corporations!

Let's flag this thread for 3 years down the road and we can laugh how no one believed gasoline would EVER be $10 a gallon.

Latest posts