What have you done to conserve energy?

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jose Santana

Reaction score
Just a quick note on your contributions, however small they may be, to stop making Oil companies rich and to help the environment..

1. I have switched 90% of the light bulbs in my house to low energy halogen bulbs

2. I commute to work with 3 other guys ( more to save money than the environment)

3. I heat my home 90% with wood burning stove (clean burning, but still have gas heat too)

4. I recycle plastics and cardboards

thats about it, hopefully it helps

Joseymack

1. Keep the thermostat at a constant 65 deg all winter long.

2. Keep the AC at a constant 72 deg all summer long.

3. Recycle

4. Take showers with my wife

1. Take 2-3 showers a day.

2. Drive out of my way to go to Blockbuster and Taco Bell.

3. Stomp the gas peddle whenever I can.

4. Keep the Television on 24/7 for my dog.

5. Keep my computer running 24/7 for me.

6. Keep the lights on incase of an eclipse.

7. Voted for Bush.

1. Mostly all flourescent lights in my house.

2. Synthetic oil at a longer OCI.

3. Recycle newspapers, cardboard, cans, and bottles even though where I live I'm not required to. When you drink as much beer as I do, it adds up.

4. Take used oil to recycling center.

5. Bought a $1400 Dodge Neon money pit to run around in for work instead of the ST. Save a lot on gas, spend a lot on repairs.:angry:

6. Occasionally shower with wife.

1) During winter set thermo to 65 when not home and 68 when home

2) During summer set thermo to 85 when not home and 80 when home

3) Switched to those energy saving blubs that don't put off as much light

4) Left the boat in the yard all winter:(

5) Occasionally shower with the hubby, but those are usually longer showers so does that really count?...sorry...TMI :eek:

Traded this...

[Broken External Image]:

for this...

[Broken External Image]:

Rode the tram to work and lived in a cramped hotel room for two months (involuntarily).

Gave all my worldly possessions to the US government, who have still not managed to move them out of Oklahoma City in over two months. I move out of the hotel tomorrow, and will live a very spartan life with only my laptop to keep me entertained in a very empty apartment. I should save a lot of energy that way. :blink:

Hey, at least my car is here, and I get the Polish plates on it tomorrow...woo hoo! :)

2 showers a day instead of 1

Use my Autostarter on my TRAC as much as possible to let it idle for 15 minutes before getting in it... Its always nice and warm

Leave every single light on in my place... and replaced all bulbs with 200 watt bulbs. Its bright! I have a Tan in Feb! haha

Bought 2 really old firdges to keep my beer cold all year round and have them cranked up to the coldest setting.

Have switched from Gel to Arisol Hairspray... Can't even tell the different! Go thru about 5 cans a week.

Later this week was thinking of booking a Safari to go Ivory hunting and maybe Club some seals on the week-end!

I can actually notice a difference... hahaha I am effecting change!

Cheers

Whit

Programmable thermostat: 68° 5PM-11PM, 55° 11PM-6AM, 68° 6AM-7AM, 55° 7AM-5PM.

Quit cruising around during lunch hour.

We've always been careful to turn lights off. (I don't like the new bulbs, I'm going to wait till Al Gore switches to them before I do. ;) )

Set the hot tub temp to 100° instead of 101°. :lol:

I got divorced....that has cut my usage and bills by two-thirds. No more thermostat hopping, no more scalding water in the water heater, lower gasoline bill, less clothes and dishes to wash, no more lights left on all day, less toilet paper use, less trash to haul out to the curb, and no more bitching (less noise polution).

Of course, my recycling volume of beer/liquor bottles has increased significantly.

I've got 2 turboed cars & a motorcycle. I'm not conserving gas!

I'm married so the heat is set between what she wants & where I'd like it. The hot water thermostat is actually set too high, but since we're conserving energy,,, I'll not meander to the basement tonight to lower that setting...

Oh yea, haven't mowed the lawn in months!! That's a coupla three gallons saved there that will justify a half hour of driving 97 mph on the shoulder of I-95 for the next several days to & from work.

More energy saved is I haven't shovelled snow since... mmm... uhhh,,, years...

Gawd I tired from all this typing.

I have tried the new bulbs and they suck. There is a pause before they turn on and the others take forever to even get bright. So I gave up on trying to save energy!! It's frickin' cold in Pa and I'd gladly welcome a "Global Warming". As for making the oil companies rich? Well, they already are and there isn't anything we can do about it. They have us by the short and curlys and will always be there tugging away. It helps to just go numb about it all.:D;)

Latest posts