What does the factory Tonneau cover weigh?

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jeffksf B

Reaction score
Got a guy interested in my cover and I can't weigh it right now, thought one the members already knows. 1st Gen.

Thanks, Jeff

The factory tonneau weighs about 75 lbs...shipping weight would be more depending upon the boxing/packing.

BTW, I noticed you are from Cleveland, Ohio... I was born and raised in the Cleveland area...Living mostly in Param and Lakewood. :grin:

...Rich

Yep, roughly 80-85 pounds depending on shipping materials. I've shipped a couple. Just be careful with the lock cylinders and hinge brackets, they'll get broken in shipment if you don't brace them with wood so they don't get smashed. I used 2x3 pieces of wood to brace them and got huge pieces of cardboard from a autobody shop to package it. :haveabeer:

Yeah I was thinking of detaching the lock cylinders and taping them to the cover so they would be safer. Also what company did you use for shipping and how much was it?

jefksf,

Yes, I know where Seven Hills is. I have had relatives that lived in North Royalton, Strongsville, and Bayvillage.

Like Jerry said, protect the locks and the hinge bracket.

I have never shipped one, but I would recommend building a wood frame padded with styrofom and covered with card board. It will make it heavier, but it is already overweight.

As for shipping, I have heard some people claim that Greyhound had some of the best rates for large bulky items. The only disadvantage is that they only ship to and from Greyhound Bus terminals....so you would have to take it there, and ship it to the Greyhound bus terminal closest to the destination and it would have to be picked up there.

I have also heard that the Rail Road also ships large bulky items at a good rate, again, pick up and delivery must be made at the local rail road stations.

...Rich

Last edited by a moderator:
Just got a quote for a freight company, $147 Cleveland to Conn. I have the ability to ship it on a pallet from work, thinking that might be safer and easier for everyone. Provided the buyer can receive it.

Latest posts