what do you think of the sport bar

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
OK for everyone who apparently does not read the thread he states it is for "LOOKS/LIGHTS" only. All of us know that the composite bed will not support the weight of the ST. And we all know it is not a "ROLLBAR"

I say remove the tailgate and put a spare tire mount in the bed, and load the bar full of lights, and put a fire extinquisher (sp) on it.

Chad,

from Brain's post, first words, " I put a roll bar ...."

so it looks like it is YOU who does not read the post.

I stated that it is NOT a roll bar, for his, and everyone one else's SAFTEY.

If you do not like it, tough, learn to deal with it.

It looks like a really convenient way to get lights above the cab level, which is where I think the trac desperately needs them. The lightbars on the roof look cool, until I realize how much it'd suck to put a wire up there, and the fact that I have a sunroof ;)

EDIT: I think the design looks cool with the full bed span--1/3rd span on the st would be too tiny to really even warrant buying it. I'm not a real chrome fan, but I don't think it looks so bad from the side with no other chrome...more chrome might just be too much.

Last edited by a moderator:
Well Dale I am sure he appreciattes your concern for his safety. And will now probably not try to rollover his ST to test it.:wacko:

Awkward and ugly, IMO. Doesn't go at all with the lines of the Trac. Better if it was brought down into the bed, not on top of the side of the box.

I say if you like it, then keep it regardless of what any of us say. As for me, I think it looks awkward running the entire length of the bed. If the rear end of the bar mounted above the second tie down instead of the last one, it would look a whole lot better.

I think it looks awesome. It makes the ST look tougher. You can play around with color and matching with a front brush guard etc. But the rollbar looks good in my opinion.

The look is a personal choice. However, I agree with BeerDelivery, mounting is terrible and takes away from the appearance...

Its actally called a sport bar, hence its for apperence only for the sporty look. Tal & Hadas said that they will be producing a newer style for all sport tracs in the US in about 6-12 months. Currenty only making them for other countrys only.

-Big D Dave

Thanks for all the input, I Like the look from some angles and hate the look from others, I will, for now on, call it a sport bar. I have thought about powder coating it black, but im not sure, i might put a push bar on like big d without the part that goes over the headlights.... Im not sur maybe it looks better with the fiberglass tonneau instead, Im sure if i got sick of it i could sell it in a jiff...??????????????? So many decisions. I need to take my hitch out, cut it down, line-x it and remount it since the body lift has it stick down farther... I have devised a plan to change the way the SPORT BAR mounts to the rails, but will not change it until I have decided if im keeping it or not.... Again thaks for the feedback good or bad

"If I were to put that on my trac... Wishing I could get one... I would change the way it mounts. God! That is ever so fugly. Best way I could see to clean up the mounting surface, would be to pull the bed rail caps off. Then mount the roll bar to the bed. Modify the bed rail caps around the bar to give a clean look. Course, its only for looks, not for support. If it was for support, LOL the bed would break before it did.

Where did you get it>?"

To me, it sounds like Beer Delivery has an interest in it and has devised a way to make it look better. :)

Today i was doing around 160 MPH down the freeway and slammed the breaks on yanked the wheel and rolled the truck, oh i would say atleast 75 times, then it came to rest on the top and guess what???? There was absolutly no damage to the truck....... I am so glad i got the ROLL BAR installed..........:blink::D:D