What do you guys think about these wheels/tires?

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jerry Gerner 2

Reaction score
I'm looking at these Greg Weld racing 17x9 wheels black w/ machine finish with brand new Dick Cepek crusher tires mounted on them LT285/70R17 or 33x11.50x17 with raised white letters. Going to be doing the body lift within the next two weeks so I need to up the tire size and the guy who has these paid over $2k and is asking $1,400 but I'll be trading Misc. items for them and just curious what you all think of these. If it's possible could someone photoshop these onto a ST thats been body lifted so I can get an idea of what they'll look like on mine.

[Broken External Image]:[Broken External Image]:[Broken External Image]:

Last edited by a moderator:
You'll be lucky to get 10,000 miles out those tires. And they're going to be noisy going down the road.

They'd look good tho. Depends on if money is a problem with you right now. Me, I wouldn't be able to justify the expense for the long-term return.

They will be very very agressive on the highways. Noises that you would never hear probably in your lifetime, but I like them.

What I would do is way the looks over functionality. Also tire life and how much your willing to spend.

I'll be trading old car/truck parts that I don't need anymore for them if I get them, just wanted to get something different from what eveyone else has.

I went with Dick Cepek Crushers 265/75/16's back in Aug 2008 and I have no complaints. Obviously there is more road noise associated with these, however, I listen to tunes all the time so I barely notice it. They do great in the snow and mud! I mounted them on Dick Cepek DC-1 wheels. I've only done a TT, so no body lift as of yet and no problems experienced outside of minor rubbing coming from the front driver side, but I'll fix that with a shave once the weather warms up. Biggest challenge was balancing them and a very tight fit for the spare, but it fit. I have before/after pics in my library, check 'em out.

Gotta go out and get a 1st Gen ST If you want to ride higher:p just messing with ya jimmy, I like your camper trailer that thing is nice.

Dang..if i had $ I'd be gettin those. They will look great on your ST Jerry.

...wait, what the heck is with the skull & crossbone pattern on the sidewall..:huh: yuck..

i take it back. lol

ya I'm

Not really into the tires for the simple fact that they're not going to last long but they are the size I'm looking for once I do the body lift. Can't pass up the deal though if he goes thru with it, I'll get rid of parts that I just don't use or need anymore for a brand new set of wheels/tires.

Jerry, check out spooky_tooth's library. you will see them plain as day.

Having said that, I probably wouldn't pass them up if I were you.. they are just not my taste.

love the rims tho.. without a doubt

Yea Jerry, I agree.

If you're gettin a good deal on the combo then wear the crap out of those tires and get new ones mounted to those sweet sweet rims eventually ;)

good find!

Latest posts