what do you call the new year?

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Based on historical usage, "twenty-ten" is correct. For example, in 1910 people weren't calling it "one thousand, nine hundred-ten", it was "nineteen-ten"; 1776 wasn't "one thousand, seven hundred, seventy-six" it was "seventeen seventy-six", etc.

Twenty-Ten...

...and I'm happy about it.

I was totally SICK of all the Two-Thousands-Ands....

Every one of those years SUCKED, BIG TIME!

Good riddance.

TJR

Hard to believe it's been over 25 years since the sequel to "A Space Odyssey", was released in '84. "2010" and the original, were light years ahead of their times.

Remember "HAL", the artificially intelligent computer? Not far fetched, today. Modern technology is mind boggling. Happy New Year, gang.

Last edited by a moderator:
gary,

twenty ten.

Steve,

I have one of the windows sounds attached when there is an error that says " I'm sorry Dave. I'm afraid I can't do that."

Good one, Terrell !!! (terbo-trac) :smile0007:

Twenty-ten is probably what I'll use. But I need to clarify something thats really bothering me, this IS NOT THE END OF THE DECADE!! :smile0008: December 31, 2010 is when it ends. :smile0006: All these media outlets are calling it the decade and they are so wrong. Phew, glad I got that off my chest. BC :smile0011:

Best two answers I have found regarding beginning/end of decades -

The first year of the first decade was year 1 A.D., not year 0 (there was no year 0). All subsequent decades start on the year that ends in 1, including the 201st decade (2001-2010), and the 202nd decade (2011-2020).

and

To make it easy to understand, imagine that you start a brand new world and start keeping a ... See Morecalendar from the first day. On the first day of your new world, the calendar will read: 01/01/01 -- signifying the first day of the first month of the first year. If you do the math, you will not have completed ten years (decade) until 01/01/11.

Jesus was born either before 4 BC (when Herod the Great died) or in 6 AD (when the historical Census of Quirinius was undertaken.)

This is Jesus. He licked my boots for $2.

f444433705ada9f723504c53e9f7cc3b.jpg