What are you doing, or did do, for Thanksgiving?

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Drinking beer, glad for the GreenBay win and savoring the aroma as the turkey cooks. Then, probably more beer!!! So , no driving for me.

Have fun...

I just returned from some friends' house. We had a traditional American, Vietnamese, Polish Thanksgiving, drank some Polish beer, and watched some American football on Sky Sports (satellite) out of England. Had to endure Brits commenting on a game they barely know the rules for, and watch silly commercials. It was cool though, and a lot better than doing nothing.

My daughter had a full day of classes in her high school, since the Poles don't celebrate Thanksgiving. The turkey was quite skinny, but tasty. :)

We had friends drive in from CO, and fly in from MI and then a local SoCal friend all come over.

I BBQ'ed my first turkey and it was amazing.

Met my in-laws at a restaurant over toward their place. We live about an hour and a half apart. Then came home to watch football. We'll do leftovers at my parents' tomorrow.

I BBQ'ed my first turkey and it was amazing.

I like to smoke a turkey on the Weber. Mmmmm. Probably do that at my house for Christmas.

Had Thanksgiving with 240 of my close friends (my crew), watched about 30 folks get sprayed with OC spray, promoted 25 Sailors, and did a bunch of paperwork :)

Actually, it was a good day. We are wrapping up the final stages of deployment and making plans for an awesome homecoming next week. The cooks put on a great feast, and most of the crew is watching football all afternoon.

My thanksgiving dinner is next weekend, when I fly home to see my new grandson :wub:

I hope you all had a great day, the sunset out here was incredible!

watched about 30 folks get sprayed with OC spray

That sucks so bad.... that was probably the worst day of my life! Then you get home to take a shower and it reactivates again. I think I stuck my face in the freezer for about 10 minutes after I got out of the shower!

We had our families come up and enjoy lunch at the Fire Station. Got 4 calls in a row and got back in time for all the dishes to be cleaned up. :D

Last edited by a moderator:
We went to his parents house for dinner, shot guns, watched the snow fall...and this morning in my part of PA the ground is white! WOW :)

Went to the in-laws for dinner, the Canadian relatives came down too. THEY all went shopping at 3am the next day, WE stayed home and decorated for xmas.