What are these called?

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Daniel Butler

Reaction score
Just wondering what those thingies are called. Just snooping around on the net but cant find out what these are called for the life of me. Thanks! :haveabeer:

[Broken External Image]:

Cladding.

Last edited by a moderator:
lol thanks guys. If we want to get technical, yes Dave, You win lol. If there was a picture of a cake on here I would give it to you :grin:

Hm. Cant seem to find any on RockAuto. Anyone know of other good part sites? May have to resort to a junk yard. :eek:nline:

Ford calls them "Rocker Panel Moulding" but in the Sport Trac crowd they're cladding or sideskirt or those &$^#% ugly gray things.(unless you have the nice body color ones)

LOL.. Thinking about painting yours? (Mine is white also)

Yea.. Thinking about it. Wanna buy different ones so I can keep the original. Same with the rear bumper cover. They're just getting beat up because of winter and everything. Actually putting my trac to work this winter between pushing and pulling people out. :driving:

Fastparts doesnt have em either. Found chrome ones but chrome + white seems kind of eh.. Might go to the junkyard to find them for cheap hopefully. Just want some to black

You have circled the plastic rocker mouldings in your photo. Are you really meaning running board/step/nerf bars? Those can be had in chrome/black/gray but the mouldings cannot, that I've ever seen.

This cladding:

558f422fb458ece6c8e08ca1e87b9c50.jpg

This is step:

94639ae99c85d74e23bb06aa69b68376.jpg

I removed the steps from mine, didn't like them. I have the OEM set and a set of black Westin's but shipping to PA would be a killer. If you're looking for steps post a wanted ad in Swap& Sell. Quite a few here have removed their steps and you may find someone close that has.

Last edited by a moderator:
Rocker panel, definitely.

In unibody cars, the rocker panels are load-bearing parts of the body, and may or may not be covered by cosmetic or aerodynamic plastic pieces. Your ST is body-on-frame, so your rocker panel is more about one of those places to wash salt and grime from.

With the Gen2 I've noticed that there's a fair amount of room between the frame rails and the doors. Enough that you can install trick self-retracting step bars, and even small storage boxes. Perfect for stowing tow chains and related gear.

I'd like to replace my sun-bleached stock units with stronger parts that can transmit side impact forces (I hope it never happens, but...) to the frame.

Cladding is what I want to repaint. Just put my truck into a guard rail so I've got even more replacing / painting to do. :boohoo:

I'd love to have your smooth white ones. I have a set of the 04-05 dark charcoal colored ones ...... want to trade? Salvage yards will want $50 per section !! That's what I found when I was looking for some a year ago.

Latest posts