What are some Good/Cheap shocks for my trac?

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
These stock shocks make my Trac feel like a Water Bed and Im interested in some cheap replacement shocks that will be a good improvement. Also, should I just do the Rear shocks, or all four? I dont do any offroading.

Procomp ES-9000s from www.summitracing.com for ~$127.00 set of four with boots through the end of July. Lifetime guarantee. Excellent shocks.

You must do all 4. New front shocks will all but eliminate nose drop during braking and will reduce the possisblity of tire cupping. Most of the weight of the Trac is on the front so you need good front shocks even more than you need good rear shocks.

Fronts on 2WD is EXP-ES918515 ... rear is EXP-ES924509.

4WD is same for rear, but EXP-ES918595 for fronts.

Make sure you get the boots.

Just installed mine and believe me they are fantastic shocks for the money.

I'd stay away from Rancho and Monrowe. They are awsome, but I just went with BDS because the Ranch and Monroe use rubber bushings. If you live anywhere that has salt, they will eventually rot or crack. The BDS bushings are made of neoprene. They will last longer. Then get a can of clear coat auto spray and spray over the powder coat to make em last longer.

Latest posts