Wet Sub Amp

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Chris B 4

Reaction score
So I started the truck after work this afternoon... steady rain all day long. POP POP POP from the rear sub, so I turn it off and suffer all the way home having to the honda glasspackers in traffic. I get home, grab a beer, open the house windows and start searching the forums for a quick diagnostic.

What the heck is that noise outside?

Stood in the driveway, looked around and realized it was my truck! Keys in the house, but the audio system is making all kinds of noise, popped the hood and jerked the battery cable loose, no noise. No burning smell in the cab, so I did a rear panel disassemble is record time, pulled the powered sub and found a puddle underneath it. Looked up at the brake light and sure enough it's full of water.

So is it fried and I get to go find a replacement unit or is there any chance that the unit will dry out and return to normal?

Not sure if it is damaged, but if so there is a stock amp and sub in the swap and sell section. Good luck. Jim

WOW

Just had the same issue happen to me on Thursday After a large rain storm here In aruba

My stock radio is no longer working

I had found that I had a ground. I installled a DC amp meter in series between the grd post of the battery and attached the other lead to the removed ground connector from the battery.

I found that I had a .24 ampere ground.

Through a series of elemenation I removed the 50 amp fuse in the fuse bloock under the hood that feeds the fuse block on the drivers side located on the dash.

With this 50 amp fuse removed the grd went to .04 amperes.

So next I reinstalled the 50 amp fuse and started to remove fuses in the use block on the drivers side of the dash.

I finally removed fuse 25 which is a 7.5 amp fuse

The ground went to .04 amps

the labeling for this fuse #25 is cluster/GEM.

I have now hit a road block.

I have no wiring diagram to continue isallating this issue

Doe anyone have a wirin diagam for this fuse and the GEM/cluster

What is the function of the GEM

Thanks for any help

Gene

I posted about this a month ago....

I took it all apart and put the amp in a bag of dry rice...... let it sit 2 days, Dried it off....

Electric greased and insytalled...

its from the THIRD brake light.

remove it, Sillicone the dam thing and re install.

Todd Z

Latest posts