Well it was bound to happen...

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

James FreemanJr

Reaction score
Driving on I-97 today and BLAM! rock flew up from the road into the windshield :( so now I have a nice golf ball size chunk taken outta my windshield. luckily it didn't go all the way through but it still sucks. 103,908miles it took to finally happen tho.

Must be nice going that long before you get hit, I can't even get one season in up here without numerous chips/cracks. I just let it all go till the end of my lease and replace it right before I turn it back in.

That is one of the easy fixes, in most cases it will cost you no money as it was an act of God...

Not here in good old Alberta, windshields are excluded from insurance policies, if you want windshield insurance you pay enough to buy a new windshield every year, so seeing as how I only need on every three years it isn't worth it. Must be nice living down in states that don't have gravel strewn all over the road for 3/4 of the year.

Oh man, that really sucks. Two days after we bought my wife's van we took it up to northern Wisconsin and a rock fell off the truck in front of us, bounced once, then hit the windshield. Cracked it from lower left to top right. Luckily, our insurance replaced it in our garage the day after we got back. As the others said, if you got over 100K before you caught one, you were way overdue.

Here in Kentucky, insurance takes care of it, you pay nothing and that is even if they come to you to replace it. Unfortunately for me that never happens to me, it is always something that I have to pay at the least my deductible.

Sorry to hear about that...I only made 9 months before my windshield was gone. As I knock on wood, the replacement has made it just over a year now...believe me, that doesn't mean the roads around here are any less dangerous.