Weird throttle reaction

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I've got a weird one... At about 3000 rpm in park, if I press the accelerator to rev the engine past 3000 drops back to 3000 and I can't push it up the rpm scale acting almost like a governor. It's not a problem when I accelerate in drive or if I put it in first I can red line it so I'm at a loss. I have a good Actron scanner and it isn't detecting any codes and the vehicle isn't flashing any on the dash. HELP!!!

There is a built in protection that will not allow the engine to rev past that when not under load I believe. Just about any modern vehicle with an automatic has it.

that is the way these things are made. the manual transmisions don`t do that. you can by a programer for Torrie and it will take care of that. one of our sponsors. i love mine.:driving:

thanks to our sponsors and Torrie.

hdt

With my programer. I have the rev limiter and the top 97 mph removed. I have had my trac up to almost 120mph. Felt like it was still pulling when I let off at about 118mph.

Some day Im going to find me a good back road. When Im not loaded down with baggage and a full tank. Just currious.......

What? There is a speed limiter??? I've never been on a good enough back road to get any good speed but that kinda shoots my hopes of ever hitting triple digits:btddhorse:

What? There is a speed limiter??? I've never been on a good enough back road to get any good speed but that kinda shoots my hopes of ever hitting triple digits:btddhorse:

What? There is a speed limiter??? I've never been on a good enough back road to get any good speed

Funny how finding out something that has never mattered before now makes you want to do something about it.

for a top speed...what is even the point of that?!?!?!

I dont drive top speed. But if you grew up in the performance muscle car era of old. We always wanted to know top end.

No we didnt' drive that way. It was just for general knowledge and bragging rights.

The difference between us and what the kids are doing today. We didnt' Have mid-town street races( thats crazy ).

We had places we hung out picked our races. Drove to rural good roads. No traffic, we monitored the start and finnish lines with 2 way radio's.In case of unexpected traffic.

Sometimes we were 10 miles out of the city. If anyone was hurt or killed it would have been us. Believe me my crowd never wrecked. We did blow a motor or trans.

Im still a performance gear head. My last mustang had $10k of performance(motor,suspension,trans,axle, etc) in it. Ran mid 10's.

In town my wife told I drove it like an old lady...LOL...Part of growing up and not being stupid.

It is nice to see factory performance and aftermarket come back. It seems many that have the money are being stupid with mid-town racing. Some off the showroom cars are blowing the socks off of our stock '60 and '70 models. But in town is a no-no.

Haha well I am a young one on this website...just turned seventeen and a ST is my first car but once I get up at my lakehouse away from the suburbs of Chicago there are some nice roads, but hwy speed is the fastest around here lol:cry:

Latest posts