weird happenings

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Olivia Snyder

Reaction score
I pd my 07 sport trac off two weeks ago, and of course, strange things start happening. A few weeks ago I took off from a red light after driving for a while and my doors locked when i hit 20. Normally i dont think anything of it but they were already locked. Then this past weekend, my horn had a sick sound, my battery light came on along with a check charging systems warning, and then my airbag light came on in the middle of my drive. All warnings and lights went off/cleared. Then the door lock did its thing again. It has had no problems starting up or anything. Runs great, sounds fine. Anyone have any ideas what is going on? Computer going out already? Short in wiring????

Check all the battery connections and have your battery tested. ST's are known for doing odd things when the battery starts to go bad, even if they seem to be starting OK.

Take out a loan using the car as collateral and all will be OK.

Noes! Debt kills--even though I realize that you're being facetious (right?) lol.

My ST has been paid for since I acquired her, and while there have been some minor issues, there have been no more than my relatives and friends who have rides that they are in debt for. The superstition is broken ;)

Latest posts