We lost our WONDERFUL puppy today.

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

LaRue Medlin

Reaction score
We took Sammy in to the emergency room Wed night. He was having a hard time breathing along with diabetic symptoms. We were to bring him home this PM too. They called at 9:30 and told us he had a stroke probably due to cushing's disease. He passed away from our lives at 9:30 this morning. We are devestated. Life will go on I guess. Send us some prayers to help US get through this rough time. Thanks...

[Broken External Image]:

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm so sorry for your loss. We lost our old man popey e a few months back.

It is hard to let go, they are a big part of our lives and family.

Paul H

I know the feeling all to well. My prayers are with you and your family. As Paul H said, they truely become a part of your lives and what they leave behind can never be replaced. They are like our children. Be strong through these times and remember all the good times you shared with Sammy. Those are what allows you to go through these times.

Patrick Pierobon

I know what you mean. Our dog is about 13 now and I dread the day we have to face the same thing. Dogs are a lot like kids, except you can tell most dogs to sit and be quiet and they do it. Kids don't do this much.

One thing that might put a smile on your face. The first couple of years you teach your child to walk and talk. The rest of YOUR life you are telling them to sit down and be quite.

I'm sorry to hear this LaRue and Rose. Losing our pets is very hard and painful. I lost a couple of old cats that I had for many years--it was not easy to lose these "kids", even though I knew they were sick and in pain.

What kind of dog was Sammy? In the picture it looks like he is waiting for you to hurry up and sit down so he can get some good "lap time" and snuggling while you pet him for a few hours... :)

Sorry to hear about the loss. Pets are just a part of the family as brothers, sisters, uncles and aunts. Best of luck through this tough time.

So sorry to hear that, LaRue.

You and your family have my deepest sympathy. I've been with every one of my pets when they've passed away - but one. I think that one hurts the most.

Sorry LaRue that is always rough. Been a dog owner for years and loosing em is the worst. Disney got one thing right, All Dogs go to Heaven.

Just this side of heaven is a place called Rainbow Bridge.

When an animal dies that has been especially close to someone here, that pet goes to Rainbow Bridge. There are meadows and hills for all of our special friends so they can run and play together. There is plenty of food, water and sunshine, and our friends are warm and comfortable.

All the animals who had been ill and old are restored to health and vigor. Those who were hurt or maimed are made whole and strong again, just as we remember them in our dreams of days and times gone by. The animals are happy and content, except for one small thing; they each miss someone very special to them, who had to be left behind.

They all run and play together, but the day comes when one suddenly stops and looks into the distance. His bright eyes are intent. His eager body quivers. Suddenly he begins to run from the group, flying over the green grass, his legs carrying him faster and faster.

You have been spotted, and when you and your special friend finally meet, you cling together in joyous reunion, never to be parted again. The happy kisses rain upon your face; your hands again caress the beloved head, and you look once more into the trusting eyes of your pet, so long gone from your life but never absent from your heart.

Then you cross Rainbow Bridge together....

i know all to well about a dog going to soon, my 5 year old german shorthair died at the ripe age of 5 from a cancer right before christmas. The first weeks are tuff but as time goes on it will get better, but i still miss my dog as im sure you will.

Sorry for your loss, i never new how much the loss of a dog could hurt untill mine, truely an experience you have to experience to relate to.

CHRIS

We lost our lab Honey last year. I'm in my early 50's and I still cried. But, I know that she will be waiting for me in heaven when it's my time. You still have the love for her in your heart. Always remember it!

Latest posts