we are thinking about relocateing

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

David Clary

Reaction score
So after living in rain country on the Washington coast we are thinking about relocateing to Arizona to get warm and dry as my wife has severe arthritis. We have a lot of friends in Arizona but want to go down and check out different places to see if there is a place that will fit our lifestyle. We are not commited to any one area. We have rented a place for November and would like to spend December there. We have found that most nice places are already rented. We would like a place that has two bed rooms, two baths, a walk in shower. A pool would be nice, and a garage for the Sportrac. Anyone have a suggestion or a lead?:haveabeer: Thanks Dave

Just keep in mind, the temperature fluctuates greatly between daytime and night. I still don't care if people say its a "dry" heat, upwards of 120 degrees is just too damn hot!! I think you are smart in renting to see if you an the Mrs. like it. Good luck, Bob

What type of activities do you like? Are you retired? Northern Az, Greater Phoenix area, Southern Az, Eastern Az. All have different climates and costs. The place you described can be found almost anywhere in Az. Home prices are very attractive right now. November and December is beautiful here in the desert, but June thru September is down right hot, definately need a pool in those months. I have lived in Az. all my life, the greater Phoenix area and now have a summer cabin in the white mountains. Would be glad to answer all questions to the best of my knowledge.

Thanks for the reply's. The problem is that we don't know where we want to go. We are going to head down and spend a couple of months. During the winter we exspect the weather to be comfortable and understand the summers can be brutal. We'll stay in Lake Havasu city and make trips to various areas. The plan is to see if the lower humitity will help my wifes arthritis. We also thing the cost of living will be lower. Yes we are retired.

Thanks again.:banana:

I will mention just the bigger cities, or towns. Flagstaff, Sedona, Prescott, Payson and Show Low are much cooler in the summer, but colder in the winter. Sedona housing is the pricier of the towns I mentioned, Sedona has the mildest winters, but can still be fairly warm in the summer. These cities all have beautiful forests, with the exception of Sedona, they do have beautiful rocks though, and forests in the higher parts,

Southern Az. there is Tucson, Sierra Vista, Douglas and a bunch of smaller towns. Pretty much the same climate as Phoenix, more of desert towns. The do have Mt Lemon.

Greater Phoenix area, Glendale, Peoria, Phoenix ,Mesa, Gilbert and Scottsdale, Carefree all hot during the summer. Great winters, with the exception of Scottsdale and Carefree housing is pretty much the same depending on the neighborhood.

Obviusly I did not mention every city in Az. Hope this helps.

Latest posts