Waxing Brilliant Silver Metallic

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Grant Martin

Reaction score

Time to wax up the baby...6 weeks old...

Anyone with experience waxing up this color? Looking for the best product to shine this bad boy up...Any advice on a wheel cleaner/polish?

Thanks in advance,

I use Meguiar's NXT wax on my wife's Silver Metallic 2008 Mustang convertible. Goes on/buffs out great, brilliant shine.

I just used Meguiars NXT 2.0 wax on my new Black Adrenalien and it streaked like mad on the hood, you coudl see it for miles. I will give it one more time, and if it looks liek that again I will toss the Meguiars.

ford con-vert ..... can you post a picture of your Brilliant Silver ST? Is it an Adrenalin? Wanted a White Suede for 2010, but they stopped it in the 2009. :angry:

I just today finished waxing the Trac for a car show this coming Sunday. I used Meguiars NXT High Tech and the shine is awesome. If you put it on too thick, it's a little harder to get off, but it will buff out nicely.

Yeah, I've used the NXT wax on the Trac for years, and have been using it on the Mustang since we bought it. I apply it and buff it our with an orbital buffer. Goes/comes off easy, and leaves a great shine.

Many here tout Zaino. I've no doubt it's a great product, but seems to me to be a little pricey for what you get. Not only that, it takes far too much time to apply Zaino than I have in a busy life filled with child & family activities. It's hard enough to just get a few hours to wash the cars, let alone a little more to wax them every few months.

I have used Zaino products on my last 3 ST's and intend to use it on the Brilliant Silver STA that I have on order. They have a new product out called Z-CS that I intend on ordering. I think it is about 30 bucks for 6 oz., but you will only need to use 1/4 to 1/2 oz. to do your ST.

I think it can also be used on the window moulding and trim.

Sure, Zaino is spendy, but after using it for years, I still feel it is well worth it.

Rod

Rod the Z-CS is well worth it, only Zaino product i use anymore as I prefure pure white carnauba on Black and Z-CS to top it off.[Broken External Image]:

Thanks for the input - I was kind of leaning towards Optimum Spray Wax - Just because I like how simple the application process is...Being in Canada tho, I'm not keen to order online and pay more for shipping than the product itself...I think that rules out Zaino for me too. :(

I have heard good things about Meg's NXT, so I will try that and post some after pics.

Mr. Marvyn - Here's a pic (more in my library) - The truck isn't as clean as I'd like it, but it was on the highway and got 'bugged'.

Exmortis - I heard that if you use too much product, it can streak...maybe that's what happened?

[Broken External Image]:

Last edited by a moderator:
Yeah I think I am used to Liquid Glass and went a little thick, so Next time I will purposely go thinner. I also will make sure I give it more time to dry, I was a little anxious to get the shine on. :D

Latest posts