Waverunner repair

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Keith McElroy

Reaction score
Anyone have experience with repairing cracks in a waverunner hull?

We were running the waverunners up in Wisconsin this past weekend when one of the ladies clipped a dock post, cracking the hull on the starboard side, underneath the bow. The crack/tear is about 8 inches long. I am going to use ounce-and-a-half mesh and resin, but I have never used it on a boat. I assume that it will be fine as long as I do the inside and outside.

If this is too intensive of a job, what do you think it would cost to have it done?

In retrospect, I should have schooled the ladies in how to approach a pier with a waverunner and pointed out the fact that you lose steering and maintain momentum after killing the engine. :(

Best to use an epoxy resin like West Systems. I'd glass the inside using a good epoxy resin like West Systems, and then use MarineTex to fill and finish the outside.

In retrospect, I should have schooled the ladies in how to approach a pier with a waverunner and pointed out the fact that you lose steering and maintain momentum after killing the engine.

In retrospect, you should have left them on the dock or on the back of the waverunner.............

JT#14

p.s. I'm just 'salty' because I sold mine about 6 years ago - had to trade my toys for my boy's toys.

Latest posts