WATER SPOTS

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
DONT use regular car wax on the windshield to clean it, etc, it will create a BLINDING glare for the driver of your vehicle, (similar to driving into the setting sun). I usually wet a cloth and use this to wet the w/s while cool, take a paint scraper and gently scrape the entire w/s , this usually removes all the water spots and any bug residue, etc., then clean the w/s 2x, then apply rain x. make; sure you get all the streaks removed or they'll be there under the rain x.

Maybe that is my problem. I have left spots on there when I applied my rain-x. Does this mean I need to get my rain-x off? Thanks, everyone, I will try some of these suggestions and see which one works.

Buy a can of "Barkeepers" cleanser, or "Bon Ami" mix it with some water to form a wet paste and scrub and polish the windows with it and then rincse well. After you get the glass squeaky clean, protect it with an application of Rain-X. Not only does that clean your windshield, but the Rain-X helps to keep your windshield clean by repelling water, it lubes your wiper blades, and bugs are much easier to remove.

N;ever use car wax on your winshield, or any glass on your vehicle. It will create swirls and glare.

...Rich

Latest posts