Washed, Detailed, and Pix Posted

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

David Ponder

Reaction score
Well, after being on here for over a year, I finally uploaded a few pix. (Pix in library) I changed the oil, detailed, washed and waxed the ST today.. And I even treated her to a FULL tank of gas.. lol >> Sorry the dark pictures, I really wanted to get these posted today, and I took them just as soon as I got done. I'll post some better ones later after I get my hood stripes on her...

Tomorrow however, My 61 Ford Galaxie Sunliner gets some TLC !!

Have a great evening!

Dave

Thanks for the kind words... Yep, Thats an A.R.E. cover. It was on the Trac when I bought it. It does an excellent job, and it has never leaked. I havent done a whole lot to my ST.. I added 4 Monroe Reflex shocks, Both Front and rear upgraded AntiSway bars, and last weekend.. Better Brake pads. I also just bought a class III Hitch for it on Craigs list for $25.00. Gonna try to install it later this month.

hmm... i dont personally like the A.R.E. cover...

gets in the way when i try to haul stuff in the bed.. glad u like yours tho!

Reaper, At first I would have agreed with you.. When I bought it, I was going to try to trade the A.R.E. for a factory (Center hinged) cover so it would be easier to remove. The Cover did not come with instructions, but I finally figuted out that you just remove the 4 allen head screws, and it comes right off. (It is heavy though, so you really need 2 people) I took it off 3 weeks ago to haul some furniture, and it was 5 minutes to take it off, then 10 minutes to put it back on. (took my time to re-align it)

The only problem would be if I needed to haul something when I am away from home, but that hasn't come up yet.

Last edited by a moderator:

Latest posts