Warning: Be Careful if thinking to use their services

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

NorgeMan

1st Gen Owner
V6 Engine
2 wheel drive
Reaction score
Greetings folks,
I came across an seller/ad on eBay claiming to be able to fix radios on various makes and models of cars and trucks. The Pioneer 6 CD player installed in certain Sport Tracs are included in this repair claim.
I called the business, Roberts Auto Electronics of Louisville, KY and spoke with a Mr. Travis who went into great detail on how and why my type of radio was on the fritz. Of the four symptoms listed in their ad, my radio was experiencing two, popping/crackling noises and cd player not functioning. I ended up sending my radio to their shop based on the information I was given. You were also to include a 35 dollar diagnosis fee which would be applied towards the repair bill. I found out later that their book keeper doesn't like checks so they were going to rip my check up and I would pay like a normal walk-in customer. This business gets really good reviews which was encouraging as well.
Well, the shop received my radio on a Thursday afternoon though I was not contacted about such. I had USPS delivery confirmation so that helped. I called the shop Friday afternoon, 22 June, to confirm the delivery and an employee told me they would get back to me no later than the following Tuesday with the results. Well, Tuesday came and went with no call to me. I gave them until the 30th of June and then I had to call them back to check on the status of the radio. A Mr. Joe told me a part had to be ordered but the person who was repairing the radio was off that day and that Joe would check with him on Monday and he would call me back. Well, of-course no call on Monday was forthcoming so I called Joe up and he told me there was nothing wrong with the radio! WTF?! Are we talking about the same radio, Joe? Does one hand know what the other is doing, Joe?! I was finding this place a total cluster phuk to say the least. Total lack of communication and transparency to say the least. Joe told me they would send back the radio, on their dime which is standard policy, and I would put the radio back in and play it. Joe felt the amplifier was the likely problem. Yeah, we'll see. The radio is due to arrive at my house tomorrow via UPS which is nice.
I don't know if any of my fellow members of this forum have seen this business' ads on eBay but I just wanted to put out a warning about them despite the high ratings they get. They talk a big game but in the end, being full of it. In other happier news, I was able to paint the radio bezel and it looks great!
IMG_20230706_091634.jpg

Last edited:
The poping can be water in the amp or bad amp behind the seat, the door speakers dont have an amp.
The CD player just needs a reset some times, Pulling fuses or battery negative cable works too.

The poping can be water in the amp or bad amp behind the seat, the door speakers dont have an amp.
The CD player just needs a reset some times, Pulling fuses or battery negative cable works too.
I plugged the radio back in after receiving it and it plays and sounds great. I'll keep an eye out for any moisture issues around the amp.

So it may be a positive post after all... :)

Latest posts