Wanted - lowering springs 2nd gen 4.6 awd

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
You can choose bilstien and do cool overs for a fraction of the price people are trying to sell chopped or modded factory springs - you can do 900lb in the front and 700lb in the rear - just remember for a properly aligned unit you will be limited in front drop unless you are going to fabricate some adjustable uppers -

Springs are from QA1 and shocks match up from a 2010 F150 - bilstien makes the collars and it's an easy swap

I have tried buying both and only one was worth recommending and believe me - in the hey day of the STA - the lowered springs from a member were almost $1000 and were junk - see the brake post for the coilover pics

I just fabricated a set of track pack 2015 6 piston Brembos and they work perfectly on my STA that's alcohol blown 545 hp - so i might be one of the top STA innovators here

Roughly how far can the front be dropped before alignment problems? How much is yours dropped? What length springs you use? Thanks for the info. Looking into this. Maybe turbocharging next spring.

A Little more than 2 inches on the front and then i did 1.5 in the rear simply because of the 650lbs X 9 inch - if i went 650lbs X 11 then I could lower it 3"

i would have to look at the fronts to get you the stats but the alignment guy brought it up to get it to spec and I have done well on tire wear after being lowered at 300 miles and now have 71,000

good luck on the turbo -

I can get you the part number for what fit but I went with the 2.5 diameter spring and the adjustable sleeve - it was all bolt in and easy - I played with a few springs before I settled here - I can look when I get home this week -

Latest posts