Wanted: Custom truck pics- Paint and airbrush designs

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Larry Phillips

Reaction score
I'm looking for pictures of custom trucks and mini trucks from carshows, etc that people might have to try and think of a good design for Jade if I ever get the money to put a nice eye catching paintjob on her. So far, I've thought of doing ghost flames like LaRue had, but I dunno. Tribal flames have been done to death in the magazines, I'm preferably looking for something in a two-tone. Anyone have any ideas on what color I could use along with the Island Blue base? I played around with the custom color swatch from Stacy's Project Copperhead, (which has listed the Copperhead color recipe) and came up with this very basic design.

I'm looking for ways to divide the two tone, and possibly other good colors to try with the Island Blue.

[Broken External Image]:

Last edited by a moderator:
one way you could split up the 2 colors, could be by, but creating your own upper body line but using an off the wall color. Say, like a silver and start on the front fender right near the corner lamp and bring it back up the degree of the fender in an angle, and then straighten it out when you get towards the door and bring it back across the doors and then bring it about 2inches below the top of the bed and bring it around towards the tail gate and make a pin stripe picture ending it, but not connecting to the other side. Then you could decide which color you want on top or bottom.

with our weird body design, its really hard to get a good 2 tone look, less you go with our lower body thats part of the fenders.

the idea i have flowing in my head for my ranger is more old school. but not too old, I'm thinking of doing a silver base coat with tons of metal chrome flake in it. then do some frost cuts of a darker red or green around the different parts of the truck. then glaze over it with a deep rich candy color. to bring out the flakes and to rich out the darker frost color. if i can get a picture of my dads truck, it will give you a better idea if, your not sure what i mean when i said frost.

edit heres my dads frost paint on his 78 f150:

[Broken External Image]:

Last edited by a moderator:
I am gonna be cheap and order the ghost flame vinyl sticker for the hood and sides. When I get them I will post pics only if it came out good. If it doesnt then I will use it as the stencil to paint my own ghost flames . The 2 tone will look real nice. I was thinking of black and candy orange or candy red and black. Sometimes what you see a lot is what works out better. good luck with choosing because it is pretty expensive to turn back if it doesn't look good the first time.

Latest posts