Wal-Mart can pack sand....

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Tom R

Reaction score
Just got home from my 1st ever attempt at shopping on "Green Friday". Went to Wal-mart because they had some awesome deals on some electronics items I wanted to buy for Christmas. Didn't turn out that way though. I thought I was prepared well enough by getting there at 3:00am for the sale that began at 5:00am, I was wrong. I guess it's off to Best Buy, Circuit City, Super K-Mart or maybe even just go back to bed.

Anyways, here is a comment I just sent to Wal-Marts corporate offices, bet I get an automated response and never hear from them again!..........

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

11/25/2005 7:30am

I just left my local Wal-Mart after standing in line from about 3:00am until after 6:00am for the HP Laptop and other items advertised in your sale paper. I am extremely disappointed in the service at the store.

Wal-Mart is supposed to be the Pro's at selling... but they weren't today. The real problem was lack of organization from the employees on knowing what was going on with regards to lines formed for sale items. They didn't have a clue how to "stage" or manage the different areas for selling items with ease to the customer, lines formed and circled around aisles and doubled back and crossed within themselves causing chaos with those in line and the employees were no help trying to maintain any kind of order to help make things proceed smoothly. I spoke with the Store Manager just before I walked out, his response was "we are dealing with about 3,000 people and are doing the best we can". I disagree, there was no way there were that many people in the store, the parking lot would of been overflowing and it wasn't even half full, the store only had 55 laptops and there were over 100 people left in that line when they said no more were left. Those of us in line just wasted alot of time for no reason other than lack of foresight on the management and corporate team of Wal-Mart.

You guys have been in this business a long time and should be able to come up with an easier way to do business with your customers. For instance, consider your high ticket, high demand products like the Laptop, the Gameboy, Camera's and other items that people waited in line for and didn't get one because they sold out, now think about the consumers time your company wasted by being so disorganized. The over three hours I stood in line for the Laptop was wasted, not only for myself, but for your company too, that wasted time could have been spent by me shopping for other items in your store, but it wasn't.

To make matters even worse, I specifically went to Wal-Mart for 3 items, The Laptop, Digital Camera and Gameboy, all advertised in your circular, but, when I get to Wal-Mart, they have 3 separate lines for these items to wait in. The employees as well as the customers hardly knew what line was for what item. That just cost your company some money by the wasted time, but it cost your company far worse than that, your image just took a blow over the way everything was handled and how disorganized everything was.

It's never good to point out a problem without providing a solution, so here goes my solution...

Your staff could of had tickets or "pull tags" like they do for high security items that say, "To purchase, take to a cashier", now, the staff should of had an area in the electronics department for the high demand items and those customers that wanted an item could of gotten a ticket for it, when the tickets were all gone, they are considered sold out. You would have only had one line to wait in for items that were kept in the back stockroom for security reasons like the electronic stuff. When it was your turn in line, you tell the cashier/attendant which items you wanted, if they still had a ticket for that particular item(s), you get the ticket(s) and when you checkout, you pay for and get the item(s) you wanted. After you get you

That's why I never go shopping today. I'm all about saving a buck or two; but if I save the buck at the cost of my sanity.... I'll pass.

Aside from that... don't even get me started talking abouth the evil empire :angry:

Customer Service from the big corporate stores just don't happen anymore. I was in Safeway Grocery store the other day and when I went into one of the isles three employees and the store manager almost ran over me and my wife. Not a single sorry or excuse us was offered from any of them.

One of the many reasons I do not spend my money at Wal-Mart.

The low prices come at too great of a cost.

Tom

My aunt works for a Wal-Mart in Texas, she says their store had 35 HP laptops 399.99 for todays sale. As you can see I did not go out today :)

I was just looking in the paper...Circut City in Phoenix area has a Toshiba laptop 199.99 this is after a 600.00 *instant rebate* darn I miss all the good deals :)

went to best buy at 5 30 in the morning for one thing. ps2 games.

my sis in law wanted to get camera in the flyer, all sold out. it was crazy.

but i got my tom clancy's chaos theory, some poker game, and dave chapelle season 2. first ever black friday shopping. i would love to get a pair of jeans, but i think it would lead me to get trampled on.

there is no amount of a discount a store can give for me to stand in line for an item on the chance that I might NOT get it......

if you are standing in line....you should get the item.

Black Friday is a hoax.....these stores should give these discounts througout the year....

We gave up on black fridays after sales after the second time we found depleted stock of what we waere waiting to buy... Never again will we go

Well,,,,

My wife and I did MUCH better. It is the first time I had done the Black Friday thing. She on the other hand is an old pro at it... LOL

We did get two Toshiba Laptops for $199.00 each. A PC (HP/Compaq) with printer and 17inch flat screen for $149.00.

A 1 Gig SD (SanDisk) for my Pocket PC for ONLY $9.99. These things go for over 80 bucks normally.

Many DVDs for $5.00.

Lots of Apple Ipod items for reasonable prices. (Kids are getting Ipods for Xmas).

So the deals are out there but you MUST be early as a general rule. Woke up at 4AM, was at Circuit City just before 5AM.

Makes for a long day. But well worth it I think...

Hint!! Some of these stores, have the same or better sales online. I do most of my shopping online because I do not like shopping with the crazy people after Thanksgiving. A lot of times, they will gift wrap it and send it to the destination free.. NO SHIPPING!!.. Yahoo shopping and Amazon.com do that a lot at Xmas and you don't have to go from store to store to store, fighting the crowds to find what you want.

What is a few bucks, when it comes to your sanity?? I figure it is cheaper to spend a little more on line than have my husband post my bail when I hurt one of these nuts.:p

This is why I don't 'do' overcommercialized religious holidays. All this nonsense for what? To commemorate the birth of a religious figure? Y'all can have it... I'll pass. I'll stay at home and save my money!

I haven't gone since a few years back when I tried to go to Best Buy. The line prior to opening extended at least 1000 feet from the entrance, down the shopping center's sidewalk, and into the parking lot. At that point, I didn't care what they had. I swung around and headed home. The warm bed was worth it. :)

It was my first time. I was shocked at the crowd....

I had to work today as well. Three flights, first one at 10:55 AM.. Sitting in Nashville now between flight 2 and 3. Headed home soon....

I'm sure I'll sleep ok tonight... LOL

The only place I went today was Walgreens to pick up an early bird special, $20 Christmas tree for my fiancee's youngest daughter (she had to work early). I have no idea what that 6 foot tree will look like, but it sure seems cheap.

The rest of the day was spent going back and forth to Lowe's for parts to fix a leaking water line on my toilet (the tile guy crimped it when he replaced my floor..Grrr). Lowe's had some pretty good deals, but I managed to resist the temptation to spend a bunch of money on things I don't need. Most tempting was the Task Force two piece tool cart for $59 (reg $88). I actually picked up the box, but when I found out how light it was, I put it back. It felt like it was made of tin.

KP, believe me those crowds can become vicious at any given moment! I've seen it, women bustin heads over shopping carts. (it was funny) ...ok I admit I have morbid humor :)

Nelson, A 20 dollar tree will look good if they LOAD it down with decorations. They are not as full, but I've seem some pretty ones done up right with decorations. :) Oh well, a 6 ft tree is taller than I. :lol: