volant intake void warranty?

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I've had the Volant for a while and Ford has seen it too and it did not void my warrenty. Hell the service lady thought it looked good lol.

LOL Teddy.

Nick, from what I've read around here there is an act (Magnuson act?) that protects us in this matter. Basically, Ford has to prove that an aftermarket add-on caused breakage or whatever that would actually void the warranty. So, having a Volant does not readily void the warranty.

nick,

A dealer may try to strongarm you into thinking it does. Lets say, for example, your MAF Sensor fail, they can and will try to blame it on the intake. That might fly. If the fuel filter fails, that would be a different story.

Tom

Nick, I had the volant and it does look awesome, but for about half the price you can get the mac or for about the same or a little less, the K&N. It turns out the ones that go on st's were originally designed for a 3.0l ranger. It will give you a large improvement but not what the less expensive Mac will. Just so you know. Heck, I have one sitting in my garage and I would sell it to you cheap, but after knowing it was made for the 3.0l and seeing the difference tha mac makes, I couldnt do it in good consience, a lot of guys are happy with it though, I was until the mac but just wanted to give you the heads up. It does look awesome, that was why I went with it in the begining.You may seriously want to consider the ebay cheapy too.....seriously. Or just by a cone filter, throw it on the stock hose, mine ran better that way than with the volant.

Last edited by a moderator:

Latest posts