Vibration / Wooble

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Kirk Risseler

Reaction score
At 60 mph I get a pretty bad "wooble" in the right front. It does not do it all the time. I rotated tires and just had them all balanced and it still is there once in a while. I had a caliper freeze on the right front a while back and replaced brakes, rotors, caliper, wheel bearing and tie rod end. It needed the stuff once I got in there. I can't fiqure it out. It is interminted and only at 60mph. I get to 65 or any other speed and it is smooth.

Any ideas??

Based on everything you've said and replaced I'd look at ball joints. It goes without saying but did you get an allignment after replacing the tie rod?

Get the tires rebalanced, it doesn't take much for one to become unbalanced, especially if the tech didn't put the weights on correctly they could've popped off.

Check the front wheel bearings. the 4x4 uses sealed wheel bearings but they still go bad. Usually you will notice a slight rumble, vibration or noise when steering slightly in one direction, but not the other....This steering is similar to just correcting for drifting in your lane. The test is best done when driving on a smooth quiet road....Just put a little tension on the steering wheel to the left and then slowly to the right....Typically a bad wheel bearing will make a rumbling, vibration or other noise in one direction but not in the other because you are loading and unloading that wheel bearing as you move left or right. Higher speeds will make the noise/vibration more noticable.

...Rich

Latest posts