Vay-Cay

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Johnny O

Reaction score
The Trac is tuned and shined, double coat of Rain-X, K&N cleaned and oiled, tomorrow be locked and loaded and going on its third trip to Ft. Myers, FL from Pittsburgh, PA. Like before we will drive straight through going down and take the Auto Train back. I'm shooting for 20 hours this time. :driving:

I am WAY past due for a vacation. Those of you who have me on Facebook, I will check in periodically on Foursquare just for kicks if I get a reading.

At my dad's house on a previous trip:

[Broken External Image]:

and i am sure you will stop at...................

[Broken External Image]:

have a GREYT trip :grin:

Last edited by a moderator:
Actually we miss SouthOf The Border. We get on I95 farther south. Almost there,18:45 but we jusr stopped for breakfast, so call it 19 flat.

We go from Langhorne PA to Lady Lakes FL in 16 hrs. Our best time so far. We switch off every three hours. I am ALLWAYS driving when we pass SOB . . . . LOL No matter which direction.

Have a great time.

Got decent mpg for the trip. Missed J.R.'s cigars in Charlotte by a half-hour. Got 19.2 on the way down, 18.8 on the way home. We took the Auto Train home, less total driving but proportionally more hills.

The LeBra rocks on a trip south. Kept many bugs off the front end.

Went to visit my cousin in Sarasota on Tuesday. The wife says I'm running late so we'd better step it up (!), so I bump the cruise up to 80 mph for about 5 minutes just in time to get a total blowout on the left rear. Hit a piece of metal, the tire had a perfectly round hole in the tread about the size of my pinky. Change tire in 94* heat and humidity in my Hawaiian shirt on the shoulder of I-75 with the factory jack. Call a Firestone store the next day, they order me a new tire that I got the day after that. I will note that my Firestone tire blew out on an Explorer at 80 mph and not once did it try to flip over. :driving:

Pics of the Trac on vacation.

Ghetto look after flat tire:

[Broken External Image]:

Boarding the Auto Train in FL:

[Broken External Image]:

Coming off the Auto Train in VA:

[Broken External Image]:

[Broken External Image]:

Only to show that someone put a $300,000 Bentley on the Auto Train:

[Broken External Image]:

Last edited by a moderator:

Latest posts