Valve body for transmission

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bas Jussen

Reaction score
Hello everybody,

I had my transmission (partly) rebuild recently but that didn't solve the entire problem. Apperantly the valve body needs to be replaced as well. Does anyone know a reliable place I could get one at and what price would be reasonable? It's for a 2001 ST by the way.

Best regards,

Bas

Im suprised the shop didnt put the upgraded valve body and gasket seperator plate.

Might have been all that was bad in the first place.

I agree with Eddie. The vavle body is the primary cause of the majority of all the problems with the Sport Trac Transmissions. It sounds like the tranmission shop that did your rebuild are not familiar with the transmission and just assumed a cheap rebuild (cheap for them, no you) would fix the problem. The valve body can be replaced without removing the transmission, and is not more labor intensive than dropping the pan and changing the filter. Since they did not properly diagnose the problem, they should install a new valve body and only charge you for the cost of the parts....The should eat the labor cost because it was their misdiagnosis and failure to replace the valve body when they were rebuilding the transmission.

Most places charge about $400-$450 to replace the valve body...that includes parts and labor, so the parts alone should be about $100 cheaper.

...Rich

I recommend central valve bodies. He will accept a lower offer, just check his feedback history and it shows what prices he has accepted. the shipping cost includes a return shipping label which is nice.

I replaced mine myself with a unit rebuilt unit I purchased for less than $75 on ebay. Messy job but easy. Been good for 5 years and about 60K miles.

Latest posts