Vaccum lines

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Tyler Lance 2

Reaction score
Does anyone know of where I can get a vaccum line diagram? I got a 2001 explorer sport. I was going to swap out the trans to in my 02 st but the st is a 4x2 and the sport is a 4x4. Don't want to go through all the hassle of the switch. So im trying fix up the sport to drive until i cam get the trans fixed in the st.

The sport has three codes coming up one is p340 which I put a new cam sensor and replaced the timing chain guide and tensioners as they were broken. Other code is p0174 which could be a large vaccum leak or even not enough fuel pressure. I have not yet replaced the fuel pressure and last code is p0171. Which came back as a few issues that could be.

After changing the timing chain guide and tensioners the truck now won't stay running on its on which it was not doing before and the engine rocks shakes back and forth (which it did prior to changing the timing chsin guides- I figured fixing this may correct the rattle and shake) any help is appreciated :/

This week I bought a Haynes 36024 Repair Manual at my local O'Reilly store, about $26. It covers Explorer Sport (through 2003) and Sport Trac (through 2005). Answers you're seeking are in that book. I've never gone into one of these engines as far as you have; that being said I think you've got the timing FUBAR. Good luck - let us know what you find.

Latest posts