V8 limited

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

John Bartman

Reaction score
Hello I had a 2001 sport trac and someone crashed into it this week while it was parked and totaled it a now I am looking to buy another trac and I was wondering if anyone has anything good or bad to say about the V8 engine in the limited model , I s the gas mileage worse and is there any year trac I should stay away from , thanks for any advise I loved my 2001 trac but now it is gone !

i had three tracs the last being an 07 V8 lmtd.

the motor was great with ample power but i had the tranny bump that was a PIA.

some have had the bump resolved but after 2 trips to the dealer mine was still there.

other then that overall my lmtd was a nice vehicle.

if you get a V8 you need to get a magnaflow exhaust that will wake the truck up and give it an awesome sound. then see if todd still has the TB and it will be a nice addition.

good luck

[Broken External Image]:

Last edited by a moderator:
I will give it a Thumbs up - I have plenty of supercharged miles on mine with near 600BHP

It has handled about 100 dyno runs, i have only replaced one TPS and the drivers seat element under warranty - Runs like a charm - ok a "mean ass" charm

As one of the most modded Gen2 machines on here - I would give it a thumbs up - Mileage varies on user - I get 15-16 when I am good with the cruise on and 12 when I am being bad.

supercharged,

i havent been on much, have you taken it to the track after all the work?

600 crank is crazy awesome.

:eek:fftopic:

Love mine, get by the on board read out 23-24 MPG on the road running regular and above 2000 rpm. Tranny bump resolved hangup on shifter resolved. No other problems.

Jim:supercool:

I've only had my '10 Limited V8 since labor day. But I got it with 65K miles on it. Gas mileage is not good, but it's fine for my driving needs. I don't commute, but if I did, I wouldn't have chosen a V8 truck. I get 14-15 usually, and have gotten 19-20 between fuel stops on the interstate.

The power is there, you just have to get into the pedal travel to find it. I would like a more aggressive throttle response. Mine is stock, and I don't have immediate plans for any costly mods. I might go with a chip and the throttle body bore projects some day.

I've towed 1000 lbs, and it did great as long as O/D was off. I doubt I'll tow anything heavier until the spring or summer, but I think it has plenty of torque for the job.

I've done several common mods to my V8 and i feel like I have plenty of power. I've towed my 4k pound boat with no problem.

I've done it all with the V8 ST. Even supercharged the last one. The engine is superb. It makes less power than many 4cyl and V6 engines today but its rock solid.

I would only worry about the transmission. Although Aaron's beast seems to handle the power just fine without modifications to the tran.

i understand Ford made many improvements to the 2009 and 2010 models. My 2010 is a noticiable notch better in handling and overall "feel" than my 2007 was.

Latest posts