V6 gone - Adrenaline in my Garage!

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Ian Devers

Reaction score
Well, it only took 4.5 months, but I sold the 07 V6 I had and picked up an 08 Adrenaline with 30,000KM on it for 25 (Colorado Red).

Absolutely love it!!

Anyone who has a V6 - seriously, try a V8... it will open you eyes how much "more" fun these vehicles can be.

Had an 02 ST with V6, had K&N cold air intake and Gibson exhaust, & lowered 3in. got 21 on road and ran pretty nice. Now have a 09 ST V8 adrenalin, cold air intake, flowmaster, and gets 21+ on road. But the difference in performance and ponies is awesome. V8 rules, till ya start turboing or supercharging a V6, but doing the ame to a V8 puts it right back on top.:haveabeer:

Well, that was short lived... got a call from the dealer... "they forgot" to tell me of 20k worth of damages claimed against the ST already. Apparently they did not know when I asked before buying.

Needless to say, I've returned it, I am not in the market to buy something with nasty repairs that they can't even identify what happened or where.

Back to the V6.... sigh... start looking for an adrenalin all over again.

Well.. I bought the truck... had it for 5 days.. then I get a call from the dealership saying that the GM was away for a week, and he was aware of a damage claim against the truck. The VIN I was given was incorrect so my carfax check wasn't correct. There was over $20k worth of repairs after one accident on the vehicle. The sales guys and service department were unaware of the history on the vehicle, and the GM flagged the service manager to contact me right away and let me know.

I wasn't in the market to trade in my mint 07 ST for an 08 with that much previous damage and who knows what other hidden issues. So sadly, I returned it.

Latest posts