Usual Ford rust spots...

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Vince Coshenet

Reaction score
Wondering about my '05 ST. Do they have their own common rust spots like the older F series and Broncos? Only place I've really noticed is the bottom of the doors inside...

:driving:

The bed is urethane/plastic so no rust there!

Watch the bottom of the tail gate, the doors (which you noticed) and the radiator support. Those are the trouble areas I've seen.

mine is rusted through just in front of the front tires... The tailgate wants to rust, but I have been spraying it with LPS 3 spray wax/rust inhibitor...

[Broken External Image]:

Last edited by a moderator:
Ford has very good rust proof metalurgy.

But nonthing stands up to the salt belt of the north.

I havent seen any Tracs rustout, down here on the Texas gulf coast.

I have a couple little spots of rust on the roof.....I assume from rock chips that have gone un noticed. I have another spot on the front of the hood....again could have been a rock chip gone bad.

All of my Rangers rusted on the bottom seams of the doors and tailgate. My '05 Trac rusted on the bottom seam of the rear doors and around the perimeter of the radiator support. And until this one, I leased all my trucks for three years.

The steel tailgate side mounting panels are really rusting on my ST. The rest of the truck is perfect and rustfree. Those Waag rear bumper guards and Westin Safari bars rust quickly in Wisconsin salt.

Latest posts