upward firing sub box

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Eric Brandon

Reaction score
Ok i'm about to purchase the audio enhancer sub box. The box is upward firing. Do the sub vibrate the seat alot. THanks!!!!

I have a 10" pioneer ib flat sub under my back seat...

[Broken External Image]:

[Broken External Image]:

And yes, mines vibrate like hell...

With such a little, low rms sub...it shouldn't vibrate your seat at all. Your seat will absorb a lot of vibration that you will never notice. The floor, sides, door panels and mirrors will probably vibrate a little.

I can feel my front seat back move in and out but I also have 250w rms two a pair of ported subs.

I bet that Premier sounds good. They seem to have decent reviews for their size/rms.

I'm a bit surprised to hear that the seat shouldn't vibrate. Maybe the size of my enclosure, the sub's power capability, and running over 420 watts RMS to the sub does it. It can vibrate all it wants, it doesn't bother me because I don't sit there...my GF's Mom would tell you otherwise though...

ebock, if seat vibration is going to be a problem for you, try looking into a downfiring enclosure. They're supposedly more efficient at reproducing bass as well...

Jerry, you're right, they need to be broken in. When I first heard the sub in action after it was installed, I wasn't very impressed. I thought that maybe the enclosure wasn't right for it or something. But after playing it for a month at normal listening levels, it broke in nicely. Based on the size and sound production, this is the most efficient sub I've owned to date. This particular model from pioneer according to my research prior to purchasing it, had the highest power ratings in it's class. You can't really differentiate the sound from a conventional size sub. If you're in the market for a flat sub, these won't disappoint.

I'm assuming by "flat sub" you mean shallow mount?

I believe the shallow mount Pioneer Premier TS-SW1001S2, probably very similar to your unit if not that exact unit has an rms rating of 300w. Peak of 1200w. I never bought a sub based on peak ratings. It's all marketing.

420w rms to a single 10 is pretty damn awesome. That's like JL W7 Kicker Solo Baric L7 power ranges. I bet that does shake your seat back.

Mine feels like someone is pushing into my seat back with their legs. They don't vibrate like my mirrors do. Most seats are not going to vibrate like that unless they are thin or have very little padding. A seat is like a huge chunk of sound deadener. It's just not sitting directly on the panel below it like deadener would be. That said, my rear seat does vibrate when it's locked in the cargo position but not when in normal passenger mode.

I noticed a significant increase in sound quality and bass output after about a month of use also.

most subs require a break in perod to allow materials to flex and reach their max excersion. Specifially the rubber that connects the done to the driver frame. It's in the fine print on most subwoofer websites and in the owner's manual for basically all of them.

Latest posts