uploading video from samsung s4 to facebook

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Brett Hartwig

Reaction score
can someone please tell me how the hell this is done? We videotaped our kids ALS challenge on our new phone, but how do we upload it to facebook? I thought if I could email it to myself it would work, but the phone says the file is too large to send. When I go to facebook and click upload photo/video, it shows my phone pics to choose from but none of my videos are there. what is the trick?

Can you hard wire connect your phone to your PC's USB port? Often, if you can, the phone can then be seen via Windows Explorer as an attached device.

If you can see it, you should be able to copy the photos to a folder on your hard drive.

Afterward, you should be able to access then the photos through facebook.

I have an AT&T Galaxy S4. I run the NOVA launcher. There's two ways, and I just confirmed that both work for me. In the Facebook app, I clicked the photo button at the bottom of the screen, and then clicked on a video from the photo/video grid that it shows. Or, I can open the Gallery app, select a video (by long pressing it), and then hit the "share" button at the top of the screen - it looks kinda like a triangle. Facebook is one of the dozen or so choices to share the video.

As far as I know, there's no trick. I don't know why your videos aren't showing up. Maybe it only shows videos of a certain length or shorter? Don't know.

I do know that I cannot email or text videos that are too large. I plug my phone into my laptop and pull them out that way. I can then edit them to reduce size for emailing to friends.

Latest posts