Upgraded stereo deck

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Kody Budinger

Reaction score
Has anyone found a nice touch screen audio deck that can be installed to an 04 ST, I'm looking to install it myself and am just curious if anyone found any certain deck that fits and works well?

Any Double DIN receiver will go into that space, however there are slight modifications that need to be done for it to install. If I recall, I think it was juts a little bit of filing the corners of the console for them to fit. I have provided a link to GPS receivers off of Crutchfield.com. Use it as a reference. Items can usually be found cheaper elsewhere, however Crutchfield usually includes the install kits/harness and detailed vehicle specific instructions. Weigh that into your decision. Once you have it narrowed down search the items in Amazon.com to read the reviews posted there. Usually the Amazon 3 star reviews are the ones I find most useful. The 5 star ones usually don't go into much detail other than how much the product rocks their world, and the 1 star ones usually only say things like "You're an idiot if you buy this" or "If you want people to think you are a moron, please buy this"..

Search "Double DIN" on the board. Here's just one. GL

Last edited by a moderator:
yes i am putting in a pioneer app 2 radio in my 04 st.'s long as you get the right kit for a dbl din radio mine had to come out of state. now that all i half to do is wire it up. looks awe sum. o yes did up grade on speakers also.:

Jim do you have a link to where I could find the pioneer app 2 with harness and all. Having trouble finding one. Crutchfield has it but amazon is cheaper.

Alright, working in car audio for a while, I've got a Kenwood DDX 318. It's non bluetooth (didn't need it) and it's non Navigation (I've got a smartphone for that)

I love Kenwood Touch screens for a few reasons, one being that Kenwood's head units offer the best tuning of audio that I've seen. (Like a mini crossover in there) And It's got a volume knob, so you don't have to look down to turn the volume down. It's incredibly user friendly, and easy to figure, and it's Kenwood. In my opinion, they make the best/most reliable headunits for the price. If you wanna go expensive, Alpine makes a few, they're nice, but I don't feel they're worth the price.

By the way, installing a double din is super easy. The kit I got fits wonderfully. Only thing is, you've gotta modify the radio bezel just a little bit by removing the lower lip on the bezel. Nothing a dremel with a sanding bit can't handle. :banana:

Ryan I was looking into a kenwood last week. It was one of their newer models and I really liked it. The only problem was I went to my buddys audio store and he wanted to charge me $600 to put it all in cause apparently the modifying is pretty difficult. Im pretty handy with a dremel and feel like I could take care of it myself. Thanks for the help

Latest posts