upgraded my speakers

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mark Stadnicki

Reaction score
Well, I swapped in some Boston Acustics S85's and dynamatted the inner & outer skins of the front doors. Didn't dynamat rear yet. They definately have more bass to them and seem to handle higher volumes easier. I was just expecting more highs out of them. :unsure: I watched the vid from a previous post on speaker upgrades and assumed that the negative is the wire on the clip side of the plug?

I'm pleased with upgrade, but not blown away as others have stated useing the same speakers...

Can't knock the speakers without properly amping them. I don't care what other people say, it's all subjective. Even if you only give them 25 watts of real power I'm sure you would be happier. Headunit power isn't real :blink:

Speakers are hard things to deal. To some it's a science and are never happy with them until they sound absolutely perfect. Others can't tell the difference. The problem with keeping a stock stereo is that they don't have very good equalizers. Also, properly amping them is very important.You dont need to pump 1000 watts through them, but you don't want to underpower them. Buying Bose speakers without the proper amplification is kinda like buying a Lamborghini and putting a V4 into it. Take it to a local sound shop as well and see if they have any advice for you.

Aftermarket speakers have a heavier construction and superior quality over most OEM units. Thus, they need more power to sound good. When given the req power output they will sound night and day better than stock. Especially if you get a component set with a passive crossover...you could even upgrade to an active crossover if you don't mind constantly adjusting settings until you're happy.

Latest posts