Upgrade to OEM Navigation?

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Richard McAlister

Reaction score
I recently traded my '05 ST for a '10 STA. It came with the 6 disc premium radio with Sync. I'd like to upgrade to a Ford OEM navigation system. I found a head unit, but I'm not sure what else would be needed for the swap (ie: nav antenna, connectors, software upgrade, etc). Anyone done this? Any ideas??

thanks

:driving:

I looked into this, ITS a ton of wiring, modules and connectors..... ITS honestly not worth it.

i use WAZE app on my phone, This thing is GREAT !! it talks throught the blue tooth to navigate you and the music comes right back on, its the ONLY way I would fly any more.

Todd Z

If the truck came with it it should be just a plug and play. You would need the GPS sensor of course but there should not be anything too tough. I have after market ones and it was easy even though it was not made for the truck and had to rewire it. I can see why you would want it once you have it you never want to be without. I can program a address and my wife can get there without getting lost (ok I really mean me).

http://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/1080719-well-thursday-is-the-big-day-ford-nav-install.html

According to this it is a PIA and you have to have a dealer program it anyway.

I don't know if you've purchased anything yet, but I do know that there is a company on ebay that takes your VIN number and sends you a factory navigation unit that does not have to be programmed. It's plug and play with the adapter harnesses you need. You might check it out.

Latest posts