Update on truck

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Brandon Hovater

Reaction score
Well, Got a motor from an Explorer. Had to swap the whole top hafe and mostly just used a long block. All running good. Leason learned. Stay out of the water with a open air filter. Water in motor not good! Thanks yall!

Good to hear to be back. I don't know if one of these would help for next time or not. Might be worth a try. Should fit any filter that is about equal to what they have.

OUTERWEARS PRE-FILTER WRAP The Outerwears pre-filter wrap keeps dirt, sand, and even water where it belongs, anywhere but on your filter. Pre-filters are designed to allow the maximum amount of air flow while deflecting all of the junk and debris away from your air filter. Pre-filters are easily washable and reusable for a lifetime of service use. Easy cleaning, easy installation, easy decision! It comes in basic black and fits all of the S&B air filters used in our True-Rev Sport Induction Kits.

Good to hear. Hope it didn't hurt the wallet to terrible.

My idea has just always been that I'll take a protected intake at the expense of any minimal gain an open air filter might provide.

Which begs the question, how is your intake setup now?

Good to hear it's back on the road. I came really close to hydro locking my engine last spring after the second river crossing. It wanted to keep dying, took off the filter that was waterlogged and used my brothers t shirt as a make shift filter to get the truck off the trail and 13 miles back into town. I had to keep the throttle pressed down and work the brakes while trying to get thru the trail and rock garden on the way out. The MAF was caked with mud, replaced that at the parts store and the filter and used three cans of MAF and throttle body cleaner to clean the intake out enough to keep it idling and running to make the 86 mile trip back home. I haven't been back to Creek Falls since, I will after my SAS and snorkel are done though.

Latest posts