Update on my custom first in the world swingout tire carrier on a Sport Trac...

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
this a cool piece and reading the posts of others some seem a bit envious

and 500 picts just means that you enjoy and are proud of what your doin ....next time

may be you could build a gun mount though as Psycareyo suggested .....hahahahahaha

way to go ...cant wait for the paint ... primer wet sanded and 34 coats hand rubbed laquer.......hahhahahahaha

good job

What a way to ruin the looks of a Sports Trac! OMG.

I'm sorry I think it detracts from the look and feel of the truck in a very bad way but to each his own!

heywardjr,

Your comments were so unnecessary. If you don't like it, just don't respond. The fact that you did respond is an intentional slap in the face.

...Rich

That's ok Richard, he's got his own opinion (everyone does). Just last night I used mine to leave a floater that took two flushes to go down. :grin::toilet::bwahaha: Not everyone is going to like it, that's ok. I'm the only one that has to like it.:supercool::haveabeer:

Last edited by a moderator:
He probably has no idea what it's like to move around a man's sized tire on a steel wheel or how to fabricate the first thing. If he had any clue what goes into building something like this, he would appreciate it for what it is even if not to his aesthetic pleasure. The function is top notch. The welds look professional. Looks like it belongs on there to me.

Personally, I think I'm going to put my spare under the bed, deflated as much as necessary and install on board air should I need the spare. That's what I want to be the first to do on the ST. Pioneering things for our trucks is more fun than adding a cold air intake and calling it custom, lol. Congrats on successfully being the first to fabricate a swing out tire carrier for our trucks, Jerry!

:haveabeer:

Heyward,

Let's see the gingerbread house you made for Christmas!:bwahaha:

Matt, I'm looking at getting something together for a ride at Durhamtown in the next couple months. Check the Events Board and let me know what you think.

Sorry for the hijack.:back2topic:

What a way to ruin the looks of a Sports Trac! OMG.

Every one of us have a different need for our tracs. They are trucks, not sports cars.

Jerry has done an excelent job in the engineering, build and instalation of his need.

Mine is a street sports truck. Some may not like that. That is what I need.

Jerry, Git-er-done..........:bwahaha::supercool:

Here's a picture of it painted gloss black but I may change this later to Satin black (the primer I used was flat black and it looked better then gloss.

[Broken External Image]:

It's in the house letting the paint dry so it should be mounted tomorrow, gotta get some bearing grease tonight.

Jerry, looks more better painted. Now I see that it blends in more with the truck. You should be very proud. You're a handy little _________! If I say so myself. Congrats, Bob

Thanks Bob C..

R1ch999999, I'll be adding a high lift jack, auxiliary lights, marker lights and other goodies. I have an additional bracket design for "my" cans if I wanna carry them, I would just need to build it.

Scott, that was the plan all along since I didn't have the time to build a steel rear bumper to weld it to, it would've been a hundred times easier to build the bumper and mount the carrier to it. Since I couldn't do that right now I solved that by designing this.

Come springtime or summer I may just build my bumper with a new carrier and sell this one. If I do that I'd sell the complete rear bumper so the buyer could just bolt everything right onto their Trac. I made the welds onto the bodylift bumper brackets and not the frame just for that reason, always plan ahead!!!

:banana:

Gavin, the Trac used to have Blue balls but their off now. I had some neighborhood kids trying to take them off but they were too stupid to figure out how to cut the wire lock that secured them to the hitch. So I took them off.

:bwahaha::fire::smack:

Here's a couple pictures of the carrier all done and mounted. :banana:

Jerry, That has a very factory manufactored look.

If you knew the demensions of other trucks. You could have a good side job. Maybe go for a patent.

Many off roaders would love that look. The added weight would make for traction.:supercool:

I agree with Eddie, that exhibits professional craftsmanship. I love metal fabrication and that is truely a job well done

Great job! :supercool:

...Rich

Latest posts