Update On Lawsuit Against Ford

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Ron Dacher

Reaction score
This is an update from my previous post about lawsuit against Ford regrading a rollover of a 2002 Sport Trac. For a change the jury, especially in Los Angles, displayed common sense and ruled in Ford's favor.

The plaintiff's lawyer argued that the rollover could have been avoided if Ford had installed an Electronic Stability Control System and designed a wider axle track and lower center of gravity. Ford's lawyers successfully argued that it was the driver's unsafe maneuvers to avoid an accident that caused the rollover.

This is yet another example of why we need massive tort-reform in this country. Our civil suit process should be "loser pays". That would significantly reduce the number of frivolous, bu!!$h!+ lawsuits filed against big companies like FoMoCo, McDonald's, etc. Many of these bogus suits are nothing more than "get rich quick" schemes.:angry:

Based on the little knowledge I have of the accident, I would agree that Ford was not in the fault.

Especially if, the tires have been replaced with what were OEM as they were known to be a contributor. And, if I recall correctly, they were all replaced under both TSB's and Recalls...

Thanks for the update- I had a bad feeling about this one- glad to see that some still realize that ACCIDENTS can be just that.:eek:fftopic:

Latest posts