Update on 2005 Trac

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mike Wilson

Reaction score
Well, all, been a while (again). Been busy as most have been, I'm sure. Just turned over 118,000, and still running great. Been getting 18-19 mpg, a little lower than my original 20-21 combined. I have a few hundred pounds of rescue gear in the bed now, as I retired from G.M. in the fall of '09, and have been working at the local EMS/Rescue Department since. Put a water pump on at 80,000-ish, and so far so good on that. Did belt, idler and tensioner, as well as a flush and fill w/Motorcraft Premium Gold AF and distilled water. Put shocks on later that week, and man what a difference! Monroe LT Sensa Trac gas on all four corners. Just had a FE alignment last week, and dealer said a little toe adjustment and she was good to go. Got 50,000 on a set of Michelin LT's 60,000, mi. rated, and 50% tread wear left! No leaks other than the rear trans-to-DS seal, few drops a week. Minor, gonna do that in the spring.

Running M-1 5w-30 since 10,000 miles and a Motorcraft FL 820-s filter every 5,000 miles. Split the old 3,000 and manual's 7,500 change suggestions. Scoped the drain plug hole and the valve covers last oil change, and internals, that I could see anyway, were still shiny clean, bright aluminum and metal, even the little puddles that form in the corners of the heads you could see the shiny aluminum under them! Hope all are havin' a great new year so far, and I'll be around! :driving:

Latest posts